Question about Remington Pump Rifle

This is a discussion on Question about Remington Pump Rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I read an article last night about the Remington 7615P. A pump rifle based on the 870 that uses AR-15 mags in (of course) .223. ...

Thread: Question about Remington Pump Rifle

Question about Remington Pump Rifle

I read an article last night about the Remington 7615P. A pump rifle based on the 870 that uses AR-15 mags in (of course) .223.

I haven't found much info on these, except that the price is rediculous. I have seen prices from $600-$900. I think this would be a cool rifle, but for that money you could almost get an AR.

I just think it may be a descent alternative to when the Democrats bring back the gun ban.

I have seen the 7600 that it is based on inexpensively, but it doesn't use high cap mags. Does anyone know if high caps are available?

Of course a semi would be better suited to self defense, but for some reason this gun appeals to me. Probably because of how much I like my shotgun.

Does anyone know anyhting good or bad to say about these?

2. Remove Ads

I have...

a regular 7600 in .270. It's my hunting rifle and I love it. It has a floated barrell and is very accurate. It's not too heavy and not too long. I don't know why the special model is so expensive. They make the 7600 in .308 and it does have a detachable mag. This might be an option but not the best. I've been pondering a levergun for the same "dems" situation. I think we'll all have to see what the first wave of bills are in January.
    -Biker

We may not have to worry until '08. There is no way the republicans will keep the white house.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Have a friend that has a 7400 in .308. He has some of the 10 rd. mags and states that this is his assult rifle.

He has had the bbl chopped to 18" and it wears a low power Leupold scope(IIRC a 2.5X)and a black plastic stock.

I believe that Remington is still making the "carbine" version also. -------

too bad

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ View Post
    Have a friend that has a 7400 in .308. He has some of the 10 rd. mags and states that this is his assult rifle.

He has had the bbl chopped to 18" and it wears a low power Leupold scope(IIRC a 2.5X)and a black plastic stock.

I believe that Remington is still making the "carbine" version also. -------
    IF and I believe it's a big if, IF the dems bad semi-autos the the 7400 is a no go too...too bad
    -Biker

I haven't seen any of the .223s yet, but can recomend the 7600. It's as accurate as most bolt guns and is more steady than the front heavy 7400 semis. 10 round plastic mags are the highest capacity I have seen but I don't own any.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    My uncle gave me my grandfather's old 760 in .300 Savage, manufacutred in 1951. It's a bear to find magazines for it, but it's one accurate puppy. When I do my part, I can get three or four round groups that touch each other at just slightly less than 100 yards.

That .223 may be so expensive because it's marketed to the tacti-cool and law enforcement market.

You can probably get a 7600 in .223 or .243 for less, especially if you keep your eyes peeled for a while and frequently examine the used firearms inventories of your local gun shops.

I've seen grayish-clear plastic 10-round magazines for the 760/7600 and 740/7400, but never shot one.

I've heard they have reliability issues, but I have no personal experience.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I never saw a 7400 or 7600 in .223.

IIRC the 10rd. mags for the 7400 and 7600 series(probably 760 and 740 also) are made by Eagle.--------

them 760 in 300 savage are good guns i have 2 still looking for others

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ View Post
    I never saw a 7400 or 7600 in .223.

IIRC the 10rd. mags for the 7400 and 7600 series(probably 760 and 740 also) are made by Eagle.--------
    those mags do not work very well in 2 742 and 1 7400's they seem to jame all the time

Worked on a few

The local prison used these rifles in .30-06 for "tower guns" and there are a lot in my area that sold as surplus a few years ago. I've seen a common problem with failures to extract due to the fact that it's hard to get the chamber clean. Not an easy rifle to routinely take apart. I've seen the Eagle polymer 10 round magazine but don't know anything about them good or bad.

I agree it's probably going to get to be a more popular design in early 2008.

I recently sold one of the Remington pump .223's that you are
    speaking of, from our store. I can't recall for the life of me the
    actual selling price; but it wasn't anywhere near the price you
    quoted. If memory serves me correctly, I think it sold NIB for
    $599 + tax?

Links