Mix and match AR15's

This is a discussion on Mix and match AR15's within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mix and match AR15's while I was never a purest thinking that one brand or model was best I was never much into mixing and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By Smitty901

Thread: Mix and match AR15's

Mix and match AR15's

Mix and match AR15's while I was never a purest thinking that one brand or model was best I was never much into mixing and matching parts.
    I own a few different brands all are fine AR's.
    A Colt was Colt, an Adams Arms was what it was and so on. This current market caught some of us with parts laying around we planed to use someday but why hurry you can always get a lower, and upper ect.
    I had a voodoo 1 in 7 5.56 16 inch barrel all the parts to make it a Gas piston upper except a bushing, found one. A CMMG lower parts kit laying around still in the box. So what do you do when someone offers you a new stripped DPMS Panther arms lower and it is raining. Mix and match.
    I need to pick up a buffer tube to finish it but it fit together well and should be a good AR.
    dmpsadams (2).JPGdmpsadams (8).JPG

There are a few parts left in the box but I am done with AR's to many now time to move on. Unless I find that 20 inch barrel I want.

2. Remove Ads

What 20" barrel are you looking for?
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I need to pick up a buffer tube to finish it...
    Cobra had LMT tubes in stock last week if you're looking for a nice one. $44 i think. although the $25 DPMS tube will do fine as well. sounds like you'll have another nice rifle when your done.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    What 20" barrel are you looking for?
    As you can tell I spent a few years in the Army I carried every version of the M16 and M4 The M16 A1,2,3and 4 all served me well.
    I just have a desire for a 20 inch upper with the standard 1 in 12 . In the right hands with the 55gr issue round that weapon could make some respectable shots.
    Just for the heck of it I lined up 5 AR's yes it is still raining I wanted to compare the triggers to the CMMG kit.
    There did not seems to be any difference in any or them except the Adams Arms seem to fire just slightly sooner.
    AR's are so much fun it would be a shame if they were banned.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

3 of mine our mix-n-match= DPMS lowers are great!

Quote Originally Posted by AR15VSCoyote View Post
    3 of mine our mix-n-match= DPMS lowers are great!
    I have to agree from what I have seen went over it good it is well made it is now sitting next to a few Colts Huldra/Adams arms , Windham and it has no reason to take a back seat .

Finished for now. Ran over to a gun show and picked up the buffer tube , magpul stock and castle nut. Threw a spare Redot on it went out back zeroed up quickly.
    Shot 100 rounds thought it . It is fit for duty latter on I will dress it up a bit.
    101_5195.JPG

No more AR's...well maybe one more
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

Links