AR vent

This is a discussion on AR vent within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As I wait for ATF to process my paperwork, I learned of a device that may help solve gas mouth......Just purchased an AR Vent by ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: AR vent

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

AR vent

As I wait for ATF to process my paperwork, I learned of a device that may help solve gas mouth......Just purchased an AR Vent by simplisticshootingsolutions.com. anybody have any time with one. I currently have a Gas busting charging handled however, the gun still tends to through a lot of gas back into my mouth suppressed. With this I'm hoping it will solve most of my problems.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

BAC
    A smaller gas port and some silicon on the curved edges of the charging handle will go a lot further in diverting blowback, methinks. Grant of G&R Tactical made a big thread on M4Carbine.net about the "perfect suppressed SBR", which consisted of a lot of trial and error to find the right gas port size.
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

I would never screw with gas port size unless it was a 100% dedicated rig like Grant's. I like suppressors, but I also like compact rifles, so I like to run them without. Having said that, running a Vltor A5 on my 10.5" had considerably less blow back than an H2 buffer in a carbine receiver extension. Not sure why, just the way it worked out. I mean very little blowback.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Gas piston conversion simple to do . And the weapon stays so much cleaner.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Im a DI guy.....not sold on the piston ARs....
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Beano has always helped me with gas problems.
    elmacgyver0 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Links