Mossberg SA-20 Tactical

Mossberg SA-20 Tactical

This is a discussion on Mossberg SA-20 Tactical within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a number of 12 gauge shotguns and one 20 gauge, Winchester 120, that was my first 'real' gun. I've restored it the best ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: Mossberg SA-20 Tactical

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Mossberg SA-20 Tactical

I have a number of 12 gauge shotguns and one 20 gauge, Winchester 120, that was my first 'real' gun. I've restored it the best I can and even though it's not worth much, I wanted to hang onto it.

So... after buying a Mossberg 500 and 930 I decided I really like that platform and noticed the SA-20 Tactical, figured that would make a nice addition to the collection, and the rest is almost history (haven't received it yet).

The only thing I'm a little bummed about is that Mossberg, for whatever reason, didn't keep the safety consistent with their other models. I really liked that as I'm a left handed shooter.

Now I just need to find some #3 buck for it.

pix673127279.jpg

The 20 gauge is a great shotgun. I have the 500cg and love it. Nice purchase.
    Civil_Response likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

@ thunder71, how do you like the 930 compared to the 500?
    ruger91

NRA member

The 500 came first, it replaced my Remington 870. Liked that so much that I got a used 930 (wood furniture, love it). I prefer the 930 over the 500, I think... guess that might explain why I went with the SA-20 for a 20 gauge now that I think about it.

They're both good guns, I just like the build quality of the 930 a little more.

thanks for the feedback, i was looking into gettin a new shotgun mainly just for SD and was thinkin of going a semi auto. little bit of a price diiference between the 500 and 930 depending on which model.
    ruger91

NRA member

I think the general consensus is... if you have one defensive shotgun, it should be a pump. If you are looking for a second, get whatever you want. :)

Reason being a pump is usually less likely to fail and isn't ammo sensitive, it's like a revolver vs a semi-auto - but look how many people carry semi-autos. I personally think a semi-auto is a great choice, it has less felt recoil and less to physically maneuver (no chance of short stroking the pump failing to chamber/eject a round).

Lots of pros and cons to either... of course, if you want reliability an over/under is always an option. :)

Sponsored Links