Magpul Going to Release AK Magazines

This is a discussion on Magpul Going to Release AK Magazines within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Interesting. I prefer steel surplus over any plastic mags, but I'd be willing to try them out. Releasing late summer. No price listed yet. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Magpul Going to Release AK Magazines

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar

Magpul Going to Release AK Magazines

Interesting. I prefer steel surplus over any plastic mags, but I'd be willing to try them out.

Releasing late summer. No price listed yet.

The PMAG 30 AK MOE is a durable, lightweight, high reliability 30-round polymer magazine designed for Kalashnikov pattern rifles (AK-47, AKM, AKS, and others) in 7.62x39 mm. It features a removable floorplate, constant curve geometry, and a high-reliability/low-friction follower for the performance you expect from a PMAG.

Made in U.S.A.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well I'm not sure we need an AK P-mag but I'll try one or two.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I am surprised it took them this long! That being said, since they did take this long I expect their quality to be excellent.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

IMO, they should instead concentrate on flooding the U.S. market with so many PMags that the word "in common use" could not be denied.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post

Why don't we need AK PMAGs? I mean, sure nobody needs anything...but why wouldn't you want an AK mag made by the same people that make one of the most reliable AR pattern mags? What is bad about new production AK mags at a great price point assuming they are reliable. That's an honest question, not trying to stir the pot. I don't even own an AK.
    NONAME762 likes this.

If they are reliable as the Tapco mags have been for me, but are actually made of the good polymer they use in the PMAG, it'll be very nice to have.
    skunkworks likes this.

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I am surprised it took them this long! That being said, since they did take this long I expect their quality to be excellent.
    I agree. I've been wondering, and hoping they'd do this for awhile now.

I would think Magpul would get it right before putting them on the market they learned a lesson a while back with another mag they tried.
    I am not so sure I would say Tapco are reliable
    When Magpul completely pulls out of Colorado I will move then to my prefered list of products to shop .

Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    Why don't we need AK PMAGs? I mean, sure nobody needs anything...but why wouldn't you want an AK mag made by the same people that make one of the most reliable AR pattern mags? What is bad about new production AK mags at a great price point assuming they are reliable. That's an honest question, not trying to stir the pot. I don't even own an AK.
    Yeah well some of us do. I bought my AK for specific reasons. I even lucked out and found mine was Made In America. HUA The very idea of magazines that while empty don't weigh an arm and a leg is very appealing to me. I'm not the young buck I was 20 years ago.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

They will also be releasing one with steel supports in certain areas of the mag, I believe.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "The PMAG 30 AK MOE is a durable, lightweight, high reliability 30-round polymer magazine designed for Kalashnikov pattern rifles (AK-47, AKM, AKS, and others) in 7.62x39 mm. It features a removable floorplate, constant curve geometry, and a high-reliability/low-friction follower for the performance you expect from a PMAG.

Made in U.S.A. "

Yeah, but where in the USA? CO still?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Also, according to their Facebook page, production of mags and sights is now taking place outside of Colorado. They've just been postponing the release out of respect for Boston and now they're busy with the NRA show.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Not having ever bought a P-mag but hearing good things about them I could see myself getting some. I have a half dozen or so plastic AK mags now that work OK and about the same number of steel mags. I actually just got two more steel mags in the mail yesterday and I was really pleased with the quality. They are new South Korean and the finish is really nice. The price was really good but I only got two at first because I hadn't bought any of these before and wanted to see what I got for the money. I'll be buying a few more I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I would think Magpul would get it right before putting them on the market they learned a lesson a while back with another mag they tried.
    I am not so sure I would say Tapco are reliable
    When Magpul completely pulls out of Colorado I will move then to my prefered list of products to shop .
    I wouldn't call Tapco mags "reliable" either, but they work well in my AK. I wouldn't have a reason to say that otherwise. They are actually the most reliable mags for that gun, more so than steel. (It's pretty much a lemon)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySkiBum View Post
    I wouldn't call Tapco mags "reliable" either, but they work well in my AK. I wouldn't have a reason to say that otherwise. They are actually the most reliable mags for that gun, more so than steel. (It's pretty much a lemon)
    I've never had a problem with my Tapco mags. They definitely aren't as durable as surplus mags, but they work just fine for range mags. I might pick up a couple more when they are back in stock. For less than $10 a piece, it's definitely worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links