COMPLETE: Mossberg Raptor "Shortie" for pointing, and Remington 870 for aiming!

This is a discussion on COMPLETE: Mossberg Raptor "Shortie" for pointing, and Remington 870 for aiming! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Since I have no intentions of stirring up another hornets nest about birdshot being used for home defense, or the relative merits of point-shooting versus ...

Thread: COMPLETE: Mossberg Raptor "Shortie" for pointing, and Remington 870 for aiming!

COMPLETE: Mossberg Raptor "Shortie" for pointing, and Remington 870 for aiming!

Since I have no intentions of stirring up another hornets nest about birdshot being used for home defense, or the relative merits of point-shooting versus "aimed shooting" regarding to 12 gauge shotguns, I wanted to show off my completed projects!

New Haven/Mossberg 12 gauge with Raptor grip from Shockwave Technologies: Added the strap on the fore end grip, and a side-saddle shell carrier. Total investment with accessories is $194.00. I got the shell carrier from Aim Sports at $9.99 each: It differs from the $35 TacStar only in that the TacStar uses 8 allen screws to attach the shell carrier to the mounting plate, and Aim Sports' just slides onto the plate using a catch machined into the plate. Uses all existing holes, replacing pins with bolts and tapped holes in the mounting plate.

Remingtom 870 Wingmaster: purchased for $100 due to damaged wood stock, replaced with Tactical butt with pistol grip and fore end, and added sidesaddle shell carrier, total invested $160.

One for things that go bump in the night, or hiking, and one for taking on hordes of bad guys....or flocks of doves with anger issues!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Glad to see your sense of humor is intact!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

You got all bases covered !!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Yeah but can you dual wield them?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Nice riot guns!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Both are good looking guns. I like the stock/grip combination on the 870.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Links