Henry Rifles

This is a discussion on Henry Rifles within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Haven't seen anything here about Henry Rifles. I am eyeballing a pretty .22 I saw the other day - loved everything about the gun, site ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Henry Rifles

Distinguished Member

Henry Rifles

Haven't seen anything here about Henry Rifles. I am eyeballing a pretty .22 I saw the other day - loved everything about the gun, site was real nice too. Made in USA was another bonus. Anybody got a Henry Rifle, love or hate it?
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

2. Remove Ads

I love mine.
    Sister, 40Bob, NONAME762 and 2 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

...you lookin' at the Golden model or a blued one? I don't own one but three are on my short list...the blued, round-barrelled .22, the .38/357, and the .30-.30...the ones I've handled are smooooooooooth...and I like their people...great attitudes...
    Sister and NONAME762 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...you lookin' at the Golden model or a blued one? I don't own one but three are on my short list...the blued, round-barrelled .22, the .38/357, and the .30-.30...the ones I've handled are smooooooooooth...and I like their people...great attitudes...

The blued one, and I don't have a lever rifle yet. Actually, am considering selling the Moss .22ar I just got and getting the Henry. Something about how that Moss looks/feels I don't like. Not the quality I want in a gun, not sure what it is but the Henry....now that one feels like quality!

Only hesitation I got is the fact it's a .22 and the ammo is somewhat difficult to find.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I have an H001, which is the standard .22 rifle. It is incredibly fun to shoot and the action is smooth as silk. I actually sold my semi-auto .22 because after getting the Henry I never shot it anymore, I always took the Henry to the range instead. Made in USA and lifetime warranty. What's not to like?

If you're worried about ammo availability, the .22 versions will take .22 short and .22 long as well as .22 long rifle. If the gun shop is out of .22lr, see if they have any shorts or longs around. You might be surprised.
    Sister, Snub44, onacoma and 1 others like this.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Distinguished Member
    I bought a Henry octagon barrel .22 lever action for a friend's birthday present... very nice rifle.. VERY accurate... and fun to shoot!
    Sister, sigs and Dadsnugun like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I have the Golden Boy .22 magnum. It is a great little rifle.
    Sister likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Do t know much about their lever rifles. But I got the Henry US Survival AR-7. Its a little 22lr that the gun breaks down and everything fits in the stock of the gun. Its waterproof and all. I take it camping all the time. Its a fun little gun. Never had a single problem with it. I'm sure the rest of their guns live up to that.
    Sister and NONAME762 like this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    I have an H001, which is the standard .22 rifle. It is incredibly fun to shoot and the action is smooth as silk. I actually sold my semi-auto .22 because after getting the Henry I never shot it anymore, I always took the Henry to the range instead. Made in USA and lifetime warranty. What's not to like?

If you're worried about ammo availability, the .22 versions will take .22 short and .22 long as well as .22 long rifle. If the gun shop is out of .22lr, see if they have any shorts or longs around. You might be surprised.
    Wow, great to know! I got a good bit of .22 now since I bought it for the Moss ar. Only reason I got that ar was because of all the stink that was raised against them (yup, rebellious woman, lol).

The problem now would be to try to recoup the money I paid for the .22ar, I got 2 25+ mags with it and overpaid for the gun itself on-line (never been shot, still got the box it came in). The Henry I want is just over $400 at the LGS. Never sold any of my guns before so not sure where to turn other than to ask the guy at my LGS.
    NONAME762 likes this.

The 22 Lever Henry is the wife's gun. I dare not touch it without permission or incur her wrath. I had a 44 Big boy and it was a great rifle.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    The Henry I want is just over $400 at the LGS.
    Check around. My Henry cost a little over $300 from my LGS. Not sure why it would have jumped in price that much over the last couple of years. Assuming we're talking about the same basic, blued, round barrel model H001.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Never sold any of my guns before so not sure where to turn other than to ask the guy at my LGS.
    If private sales are a simple "swap cash for gun" affair in your state, you could take out an ad in the local classifieds (print or online) or take it to a gun show. I'm sure you could sell a .22 "AR" in a heartbeat. Price it a little higher than what you want to get out of it and let the buyer haggle you down. That way, you get what you want and they feel like they "won" by getting a lower price. Alternatively, see if your LGS will do a trade for the Henry, or at least some credit toward the purchase.
    Snub44, Sister, NONAME762 and 1 others like this.

If you have a Walmart that carries rifles try them. They may not have it in stock but they do have a catalog at the gun counter you can order from and pick it up when they call you. Should be a much better price. That's what I did. And before someone tells you they are different gun, yes, they are exactly the same as you would get from any Henry dealer. I have heard that falsity before.
    Sister likes this.

When I bought mine, Walmart had the same gun for $287. I paid a little extra to support the LGS, but Walmart will probably be the cheapest place to get one, short of buying used.
    Sister likes this.

I picked up the HIVIZ fiber optic sight for my H001. I love it compared to the blocky OEM post. However, it was only $30 when I got it last year. I'm not sure how much the octagon barreled model is over the standard, but I probably would have purchased that model with the nicer front post instead of the aftermarket sight if I could do it all over again. Either way, I love my H001. It feeds and shoots any .22 round that I have tried. Shorts, Long, and LR.

Distinguished Member
    Just did a google and did see the price a lot less than my LGS. It's difficult to sell any of my guns, even if there isn't a need for certain ones. Kinda a novelty to have an ar (even though it's not really automatic). Maybe I'll save up and get the Henry, however I did want to get one before my Dad's birthday in June and that wouldn't be possible without selling the ar.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links