500 vs 590 question

500 vs 590 question

This is a discussion on 500 vs 590 question within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mossberg lists a 5+1 magazine with an 18 1/2" barrel and 8+1 with a 20" barrel. I'm obviously missing something as I don't see how ...

500 vs 590 question

Mossberg lists a 5+1 magazine with an 18 1/2" barrel and 8+1 with a 20" barrel. I'm obviously missing something as I don't see how you can get 3 extra rounds in 1 1/2". Is the mag tube longer or am I missing something else?
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

The mag tube on my 5+1 500 doesn't go all the way to the end of the 18.5" barrel. On the 20" I believe it does.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    The mag tube on my 5+1 500 doesn't go all the way to the end of the 18.5" barrel. On the 20" I believe it does.
    I Have the 500 Persuader 20" 8+1 and it has the extended magazine. Most people in my little shooting group have added the front & rear pistol grips, sling, heat shield and shot saddle.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Links