Benelli M2 Tactical

Benelli M2 Tactical

This is a discussion on Benelli M2 Tactical within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is my baby. Benelli M2 Tactical. 18.5'' barrel, holds seven rounds, inertia driven, and can shoot all 8 rounds as quick as you can ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GlockinItUp

Thread: Benelli M2 Tactical

Benelli M2 Tactical

This is my baby. Benelli M2 Tactical. 18.5'' barrel, holds seven rounds, inertia driven, and can shoot all 8 rounds as quick as you can pull the trigger. Also have a 26 inch barrel for skeet, trap, hunting, etc. I feel sorry for the criminal thats steps into my home looking for trouble... on second thought, no I don't! In any event, just wanted to show off a little.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GlockinItUp; December 6th, 2006 at 06:50 PM.
    jamil and RichB70 like this.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

Little history please! Where'd you get it, how much, how's the recoil on it, etc?

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Great lookin'(and actin') weapon.

I have had the M1 Super 90 for some time now. Got two 7 shot and two 5shot mags. Had same sights(rifle) but took them off. Replaced rear with pistol night sight. Application >>>night hunting coyotes in Maine. Daytime crows also. Probably got 2K rds thru mine. Never replaced a single part.

The main reasons that I bought this weapon was that it shoots very fast,minimum recoil(due to its operating system),easy cleaning and maintance,light weight,firepower,and...........hell,it's a Benelli.

Can't understand why more people don't take a serious look at these short,light, Benelli's for their HD shotguns. To heck with the "strokerz"(pumps) when I can have a Benelli auto. Ever seen someone "short stroke" a pump during periods of high stress. I have, and it aint purdy. I would also say that the Benelli operating system makes them just as reliable as the pumps.

I have a friend that carries one, with the 14" entry bbl., every day in "far off places". He has done 3 "tours" of 4 months each carring the same weapon.

If I was gonna get a tax stamp for anything it would be for a 14" bbl for my M1 S90.--------

History:

This gun was bought for the purpose of shooting some 3-gun matches, and still serves in that capacity (very well I might add). With the extra barrel, and longer magazine extension, I paid about $1200, which isn't too bad in my opinion. The recoil is more significant than a gas gun, but still VERY manageable. I've shot slugs through it for the 3-gun stuff, and it didn't bother me at the end of the day. Also, probably the cleanest shotgun I've even owned. I have shot boxes and boxes of shells through it, and it looked like it had only a few rounds through it. In quite a few rounds, I've only had one FTE, and it was during the break-in period, so I wasn't too concerned. When they say the inertia driven stuff works, they mean it!

Any other questions, let me know!
    Last edited by GlockinItUp; December 5th, 2006 at 04:14 PM.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

VIP Member
    Very nice!..

I too have a Benelli M1 Super 90 purchased in 1989 (Heckler & Koch were the importers at that time) that has many thousands of rounds through it. The only extraction failures I've experienced with it were at a trap range (I purchased a 26" hunting barrel from Benelli) after shooting several hundred light trap loads without cleaning.

The only other complaint I have is that I can't get a SureFire front grip...it's an early model with the serial number before the SureFire cutoff...

Enjoy yours...like RSSZ said, it will be a fine home defender...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

=I have a M1S90 ďTacticalĒ with the 7 shot tube, tritium ghost rings, and a Streamlight M3X for a mounted light. I just used mine for a basic shotgun class on Saturday, and of course it ran flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ View Post

Can't understand why more people don't take a serious look at these short,light, Benelli's for their HD shotguns. To heck with the "strokerz"(pumps) when I can have a Benelli auto. Ever seen someone "short stroke" a pump during periods of high stress. I have, and it aint purdy. I would also say that the Benelli operating system makes them just as reliable as the pumps.
    If I take into account the folks I saw short shuck on Sat, Iíd have to say that the Benneli is more reliable than the pumps I saw.

I bought mine after spending a few duck/goose seasons with my SBE. Iím now a convert to the Benelli inertia system. I still canít get over how clean they stay and how easy they are to break down for cleaning.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Post you are right man m2 tactical is great gun

Quote Originally Posted by GlockinItUp View Post
    This is my baby. Benelli M2 Tactical. 18.5'' barrel, holds seven rounds, inertia driven, and can shoot all 8 rounds as quick as you can pull the trigger. Also have a 26 inch barrel for skeet, trap, hunting, etc. I feel sorry for the criminal thats steps into my home looking for trouble... on second thought, no I don't! In any event, just wanted to show off a little.

Links