Remington 870 sights?

Remington 870 sights?

This is a discussion on Remington 870 sights? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone had any experience with these sights? Williams Gun Sight Company, Inc. I seem to have a little trouble picking up the front sight ...

RT [OP]

Remington 870 sights?

Has anyone had any experience with these sights?

Williams Gun Sight Company, Inc.

I seem to have a little trouble picking up the front sight when using the stock rifle sights on my 870. The narrow notch, black front post, and distracting white triangle under the rear notch all seem to contribute to my difficulty in quickly acquiring a decent sight picture and focusing on the front sight, so I was thinking a ghost ring setup would be a good solution..... with the above being the only set I have found that will easily install onto the existing ramps on the barrel.

Are these sights any good? Are there other, comparable sights that can be just as easily installed?

Hmmm looks interesting. Mine are just the stock, but I seem ok with them, but if that works out for you post it here and I might try them out.

VIP Member
    While I don't have experience with these particular sights I have had ghost rings on my HD shotgun for years. My experience with them finds that ghost ring sights on a shotgun to be a bit superfluous. For HD a bead is just fine and IMO faster and less complex.

Now if you are shooting slugs or deer hunting and need to aim at things 50+ yards away then these type of sights do offer a better, more precise aim. But, as I said above, they don't really do much for HD.

If you are really looking to speed up your sight picture then a good red dot is the way to go.

Perhaps for HD the cheapest and easiest way to go might be to just get another barrel with a bead style sight.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I have a stock 870 Express 26 inch. The LGS clerk recommended a simple fiber optic sight when I bought it- - $8.50 installed. It helps a great deal for quick acquisition.

Links