Any other Norinco MAK90 owners out there?

This is a discussion on Any other Norinco MAK90 owners out there? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am no gunsmith, so I've been delightfully surprised in tinkering around with my MAK90 which my dad got each of his boys back in ...

Thread: Any other Norinco MAK90 owners out there?

Any other Norinco MAK90 owners out there?

I am no gunsmith, so I've been delightfully surprised in tinkering around with my MAK90 which my dad got each of his boys back in the early 90's. I know some would consider this a downgrade in taking off the wood stock and handguard

Any other MAK90 owners out there?

Phase 1: Mako handguard rail set & Magpul AFG2
    8488550539_a1cda6f1d3.jpg
    8489646492_49be516d39.jpg

Phase 2: Magpul CTR stock, commercial buffer tube, US Palm AK Battle Grip, and Command Arms Extended Mag Release
    8488548533_899231bf21.jpg
    8489644846_62b1a0d99e.jpg

Phase 3: Tapco mags (for 922r compliance--I know they get a bad rap from a lot of guys but have worked well so far...still have my Norinco steel mags though)
    8488546995_2fde39d765.jpg

Latest addition was a Viking Tactics LUSA:
    Viking Tactics L.U.S.A. - Lamb Universal Sling Attachment - YouTube

Would love to get an optic for it sometime...and a well-made sling with quick-detach swivels--considering this sling:
    LaRue Tactical Padded Sling | LaRue Tactical

My brother just got one of these optics on his MAK90 but that's way out of my price range (and probably costs more than what my gun is worth)!
    Military Optics - Electro-optical, optical sights and devices

2. Remove Ads

I keep mine stock, as it came in 1994, but it looks like you did an amazing job of upgrading the furniture. Very professional indeed. Have you had a chance to take it out and fire it? If not, you will be pleasantly surprised by its accuracy. The heavy barrel and smooth trigger are head and shoulders above most of the commercial AK semiautomatics available today. Enjoy, and good luck finishing your project.

Quote Originally Posted by nechaev View Post
    I keep mine stock, as it came in 1994, but it looks like you did an amazing job of upgrading the furniture. Very professional indeed. Have you had a chance to take it out and fire it? If not, you will be pleasantly surprised by its accuracy. The heavy barrel and smooth trigger are head and shoulders above most of the commercial AK semiautomatics available today. Enjoy, and good luck finishing your project.
    Thanks! But I'm no professional with mods. I'm chomping at the bit to shoot it! I've shot my brother's MAK90 and I was amazed at its accuracy, even with open sights it made me look pretty good at the range.

Links