9mm Carbine $160 NIB

This is a discussion on 9mm Carbine $160 NIB within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I went out and bought a Hi-Point 995 9mm carbine, at the local hardware store. $160 NIB. This is by far the best firearm I ...

Thread: 9mm Carbine $160 NIB

9mm Carbine $160 NIB

I went out and bought a Hi-Point 995 9mm carbine, at the local hardware store. $160 NIB. This is by far the best firearm I have. Offhand, I have bullet holes touching at 25 yards. I can hit the 125 yard "gong" at the rifle range. The accuracy and performance are phenomenal. I advise everyone to check them out.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Congrats Softpoint glad that you found a firearm that you enjoy shooting.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

jmw
    I have the 995 also and like it very much.

Lead Moderator
    Looks like a possible next purchase. Check out ATI gun stocks for em too. http://www.atigunstocks.com/product-hipoint.html
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have the 995 and 4095. They are both great shooters.

Enjoy your new 995.

Here is the Hi Point forum by the way.
    http://hipoint.7.forumer.com/index.php
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

doesnt someone make a higher than 8 round magazine for that rifle?
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Pro Mag made a 15 round mag but it malfunctioned and is no longer made.

Sharp looking rifle. Do any of you guys have experience with the Kel-Tec SUB2000 in 9mm? I am thinking of adding one to the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Stor View Post
    Sharp looking rifle. Do any of you guys have experience with the Kel-Tec SUB2000 in 9mm? I am thinking of adding one to the collection.

I woudn't mind one that uses 226 mags.

Carbines

We rent one of the Hi-Points at our range. Many times we see shooters that are poor shots with a handgun improve 100% with the carbine. They're so light and handy, with a long sight radius and comfortable stock, they're just easier to shoot. Never had much problem with the stock magazines. Cleaning them is a pain. As for the Kel-Tec....

Yesterday I had to sight in a half-dozen for a local PD. .40 cal with Glock 22 magazines. Several had to have the sights cranked over all the way to one side or the other to zero. One sample bottomed out and still wouldn't zero for elevation. If it were me, I'd replace the clear (cheap) plastic sight with something in Aluminum. Otherwise they worked fine and held zero, once the tinkering was over, after being folded and opened. Thay have a barrel mount laser that worked good too. Not sure if it was Kel-Tec or aftermarket. We were shooting one inch groups at 60 feet all morning long with range ball.

Administrator
    A PD has someone else "sight in" their weapons other than the issued officer?! Holy cow!

I kinda like the kel-tec, I would much rather have that than the hipoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Keeney View Post
    doesnt someone make a higher than 8 round magazine for that rifle?
    The standard mags for the gun are 10 rounders. The Promag 15 rounders don't work so don't buy them.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Im thinking of the hi-pont with the ati gunstock. i think it makes it look like the beretta stom at half the cost. And everyone I know that has one says they are real good shooters. It would make a good truck gun or home defence weapon.

Sixgun

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Im thinking of the hi-pont with the ati gunstock. i think it makes it look like the beretta stom at half the cost. And everyone I know that has one says they are real good shooters. It would make a good truck gun or home defence weapon.

Sixgun
    It would make a great truck gun and I use one of mine as a home defense gun with a light on the end.
    MNBurl

PD Guns

Yes, they brought a stack of them to us for mounting the lasers. The Captain who brought them in is a bit of a gun guy. The guns are stored in a soft case folded with a loaded magazine and with 2 spares in the case. They are signed out to the officer for the shift and returned. Small PD. I just got the word that they ordered hard rifle cases for the Kel-Tecs and plan to store them opened in the case. Seems the folded guns were getting beat up in the soft cases causing the lasers to shift zero. Also had some battery issues, I guess from pressure on the soft switches through the case.

Shooting stuff is fun, but even more fun with other people's ammo.

Links