Recent Bushmaster?

This is a discussion on Recent Bushmaster? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know Bushmaster has had some issues the past few years, but my LGS knows that I am in the market for a 20" gov't ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By jonconsiglio
  • 1 Post By sammage
  • 1 Post By remington79
  • 1 Post By jonconsiglio

Thread: Recent Bushmaster?

Recent Bushmaster?

I know Bushmaster has had some issues the past few years, but my LGS knows that I am in the market for a 20" gov't profile flattop rifle, and they claim they can get me a Bushmaster upper half relatively quickly. Should I have them order it, or wait an unknown length of time for BCM to make and release more?

2. Remove Ads

Not sure about Bushmaster quality at this time. I've had a couple in the past ten years. The shortage on uppers or complete rifles right now is mainly due to shortages on the bolt/carrier assemblies or so I've heard. Last I knew, Bushmaster did have good customer support for warranty issues. I figure it depends on when you want it and if the price is relatively attractive.

Wait for a couple o' others that know way more than me. I think you're potentially comparing apples and oranges.

I also moved your thread to the "Defensive Rifles" Sub-Forum.

Here's some good reading in the meantime:

Is Bushmaster a qualtiy AR-15 and is this a good price??

Bravo Company vs Daniel Defense

M16 Variant Suggestions

For more reading, go to "Advanced Search" / "Search Single Content Type" / "Keyword" Bushmaster, and "Defensive Rifles" Sub-Forum. You'll get a wee bit o' reading.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

BCM uppers have been in stock periodically, just keep an eye out. I would avoid Bushmaster. They have not improved over the past few years. They cut corners and produce a hobby grade rifle.
    remington79 and sammage like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    ....They have not improved over the past few years. They cut corners and produce a hobby grade rifle.
    Just what I was looking for. Thanks! They dropped some a week ago and now I'm kicking myself for not acting. I guess a part of me is hoping that the prices of BCGs will fall soon.

Sign up to be emailed when BCM musket uppers come back in stock. No comparison to Shrubmaster.
    remington79 likes this.

sammage likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Bushmaster was sold to Remington, they now make "Bushmaster" The old Bushmaster facility was purchased by Windham weaponry and now produces what was the old Bushmaster.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

And unfortunately they're all still hobby grade, cutting corners with materials and workmanship. Remington at least now has access to the TDP but aren't allowed to use it for their civilian line.
    sammage likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Links