The Great White Buffalo! .22 LR at WallyWorld!

This is a discussion on The Great White Buffalo! .22 LR at WallyWorld! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had the day off today so I decided to catch a late viewing of Now You See Me at the local cineplex tonite. It ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phaedrus

Thread: The Great White Buffalo! .22 LR at WallyWorld!

I had the day off today so I decided to catch a late viewing of Now You See Me at the local cineplex tonite. It turned out to be a good flick, btw. But the theater is only 1/4 mile or so from WM so I decided to pop in and check the ammo case while I was in the neighborhood. The case was pretty bare but lo and behold, they had a good sized stack of the 100 round plastic long boxes of Winchester Super X plated .22 LR ammo! The price wasn't even too bad- $6.97 per 100 ct box. The limit was 3 boxes so I bought my three and left. I'm not super low but every time I hit the range I generally burn 200 rounds of .22 if I have it, so at least it's another couple weeks of ammo.

On the whole I'd say things are improving. Granted, .22 ammo is still hard to come by but I have found it in stock 10 times over the last 2 months...that's 8 more times than the few months before.
    Snub44 likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member
    I went over to the local sportmans warehouse yesterday right before lunch break (they usually get ammo shipments on Mondays). They had a darn good bit of ammo, lots of 22lr as well. They even had Blazer 9mm ammo in a plastic carrying case - 350 rounds for 119.00, I bought one and a 525 rnd box of Remmington thunder 22lr for 21.99 and a 100 rnd box of CCI 22lr for 8.99. Went WAY over my ammo budget, but it was a great score. My lady wants to actually go to the range this weekend so it'll be nice to have plenty, and to shoot some 22lr - haven't shot any since November!

Just hope to see more and more of this, I'm tired of the ammo shortage.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Yeah, this is surely a sign that things are getting better! Last week I came across four 1000 round boxes of .22 lr at my local Wally, so it looks like the reports we got about normalcy by 3rd qtr might be fairly accurate!

I won't believe it until I see it... (LOL) .... none around here can be found.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sponsored Links