Will Glock Carbine finally be a reality?

This is a discussion on Will Glock Carbine finally be a reality? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Rumors have abounded for years about Glock's eventual entry into the carbine market. Maybe I'm the last one to hear about it, but I stumbled ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Will Glock Carbine finally be a reality?

Rumors have abounded for years about Glock's eventual entry into the carbine market. Maybe I'm the last one to hear about it, but I stumbled across this article last night that indicates they are not only going to do it, but do it on a modified AR (M4) platform. Hope this isn't just another photoshop joker fooling around. Anybody know anything about it?

Glock carbine.jpg
    After years and years of consumer, law enforcement and military demands, Glock will soon unveil their newest type of firearm, pistol-caliber carbines that accept ubiquitous Glock magazines. Glock plans to officially launch the new Glocks at this year’s NRA Expo.

Glock will be launching three versions of their carbine at first, chambered for their small-frame magazines in 9mm, .40 S&W and .357 SIG (.45 GAP has not been mentioned). They will be tailored for both law enforcement and consumer segments, with an SBR, an AR-pistol type gun and a standard carbine with a 16-inch barrel. Both the pistol and SBR Glocks will have 6.5-inch barrels.

Glock told us they are considering a model with a permanently-attached muzzle shroud, similar to the TacSol SB-X barrel, which will accept any standard silencer inside while still measuring in at 16 inches. This will give you the option of running a compact Glock carbine suppressed without requiring that you register the lower as an SBR.

A second line of Glock carbines for their large-frame magazines chambered in .45 ACP and 10mm Auto is due later, most likely in 2014.

These Carbines accept standard AR triggers and most other AR-15/M16/M4 accessories, like stocks, pistol grips and furniture. It isn’t clear at this point whether or not Glock will sell caliber conversion uppers separately, but we hope so, that would be a smart, not to mention profitable, move.

Glock will be using a straight-blowback operation for these guns, making the bolts and bolt carriers compatible with existing pistol-caliber AR parts. They’re not breaking any molds other then their own.

This shortly follows the announcement of the SIG MPX which has taken everyone by storm. While the design is simpler, the fact that it uses standard Glock magazines — and has the Glock pedigree for durability, reliability and excellence — we’re positive that these carbines will be universally popular.

Actual details and availability will be finalized at the NRA Expo, but we expect to see the first batch of these hit the American market by the fourth quarter of this year. It’ll be a tough wait; it’s been years since people have first asked Glock to make this gun or any Glock magazine-accepting pistol-caliber carbine. A few more months will be worth it.

The one major question is price. Glock has been totally silent on this subject, but says they’ll be “affordable” and “in-line” with common service rifles.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I am sure they will be able to compete as far as pricing. I have read where Glocks production cost are about 50% cheaper when compared to US production costs. I know for a fact that they come in with some very low cost per weapon when they submit bids on LE contracts.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Well, the NRA convention was in Houston last month and these didn't show up so I'm going to go with a big NO.
    Kennydale likes this.

Cool

That picture you put up looks like a SBR that takes Glock magazines. I don't speak for anyone but myself but I'd want 2 30R mags and a combat sling for that Bad Boy
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Oh, don't forget about this one too...

glock_1911-tfb.jpg
    atctimmy, Phaedrus and Zeebra724 like this.

It's not going to happen. Glock is stuck doing the same thing over and over again. Good guns but Glock hasn't been all too innovative for a long time.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I would welcome a Glock carbine! In the meantime my Kel Tec Sub 2000 is the next best thing! The fact that it shares the same magazines as my Glock 35 makes it even better! BTW my Sub 2000 carbine makes 75-100 yd shots VERY doable! YMMV.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post

glock_1911-tfb.jpg
    I would do horrible things to own a Glock 1911.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post

glock_1911-tfb.jpg
    That would be one Glock worth looking at...if it was real.

A carbine with interchangeable uppers to shoot several different calibers would be truly innovative. One that shoots .22LR, 9mm and .40 would flip the market completely upside down. And design it to look like an MP40.
    R040607 likes this.

Only if it is in 10mm and they come out with a 30+ round magazine interchangeable with my Glock G20 SF.
    DefConGun likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    It's not going to happen. Glock is stuck doing the same thing over and over again. Good guns but Glock hasn't been all too innovative for a long time.
    One can say the same for the 1911 and Colt; My Glock 19 turns 20 years old today. I don't see the need to carry or buy another pistol after 20 flawless years!

I will likely carry my G19 for the rest of my life! Glock's slogan rings true for me.

Perfection!!!
    Kennydale and 5lima30ret like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Looks photoshopped to me. Not gonna bet my lunch money on it. We're still waiting for a single stack 9mm!
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Looks photoshopped to me. Not gonna bet my lunch money on it. We're still waiting for a single stack 9mm!
    Adding to that, why the heck would you want an AR-15 made by Glock. It would just be another pistol caliber carbine, except it would say Glock on it.

No thanks. If I wanted a carbine from Glock I'd want something new, innovative and oozing with perfection.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

The word from the reps is that Gaston hates the idea. Apparently there are dozens of in house designs ready to go. They also passed on numerous opportunities to license out designs under the Glock brand. While I have no idea what they passed on, but the Kris's Vector probably would have been a whole cooler if it was named the "Glock Carbine".

I want the Sig MPX bad!! I'm trying to lock down a dealer that will californicate it for me when it eventually comes out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links