SIG SAUER 716 Question

This is a discussion on SIG SAUER 716 Question within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone have any experience with the SIG SAUER 716? Specifically is it a proprietary SIG SAUER weapon or is it a genuine AR10 with compatible/interchangeable ...

Thread: SIG SAUER 716 Question

SIG SAUER 716 Question

Anyone have any experience with the SIG SAUER 716? Specifically is it a proprietary SIG SAUER weapon or is it a genuine AR10 with compatible/interchangeable parts with other AR10 rifles as in the bolt carrier, barrels and such? Impressions on accuracy and reliability would also be appreciated.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the SIG SAUER 176? Specifically is it a proprietary SIG SAUER weapon or is it a genuine AR10 with compatible/interchangeable parts with other AR10 rifles as in the bolt carrier, barrels and such? Impressions on accuracy and reliability would also be appreciated.
    I think it is a piston gun. So my opinion is no, it's not a standard AR-10.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    You mean the 716?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I think it is a piston gun. So my opinion is no, it's not a standard AR-10.
    Correct it is and I get that pistons are proprietary. But the rest of the gun can be standard configuration, as in those that are converted to piston from DI. The barrel bolt carrier, trigger etc. can be interchanged. That is the focus of my question if I can use standard AR 10 parts to upgrade or repair the 716 SIG SAUER. If not it kind of undermines one of the benefits of an AR in my mind and pocket book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    You mean the 716?
    Damn you are right typo, my bad wonder if that is why I am not getting much response. Maybe I should repost my question with the correct model number

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Administrator
    Damn you are right typo, my bad wonder if that is why I am not getting much response. Maybe I should repost my question with the correct model number

Now you don't have to. I just went in and edited it for you.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

Now you don't have to. I just went in and edited it for you.
    Thanks appreciate your consideration and help. I see it is corrected in my OP but the title still reads 176 can that be corrected? Or this thread deleted? Hate to clog up the forum with redundant questions but don't want to push it asking you to go through a bunch of hassle to correct my error. So maybe deleting this thread and reposting it would be the easiest solution?
    Last edited by LongRider; June 22nd, 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Links