Defensive Carry banner

For the Cowboy in All of Us - Winchester 1873 is Back in 357/38sp

4K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  JDE101 
#1 ·
I just love the lever action rifles. I had a couple Winchester 30-30's but sold them due to ammo pricing since I don't hunt. Winchester is bringing back the rifle that won the West with the Model 1873.

Model 1873 Short Rifle, -- Winchester Repeating Arms -- Product Model

I still have a Henry chambered in .22 and never get tired of the sound of the well made lever action on it. Great fun to shoot but I'm thinking about one day getting the 357/38sp similar to the Winchester above and at a better price point.

Henry Repeating Arms | Fine Rifles Made in America and Priced Right

See less See more
#7 ·
Recently read a review which was overall favorable but the gun did not like to eat .38 special, was fine with .357.

#11 ·
One of my daughters has a Henry in .357/38 (same as her pistol) and she LOVES it----other than the cost of ammo......

#12 ·
Love those Henry rifles. .357 or .44 in the Big Boy series would be just about right. Heavy, compared to most other stuff out there, but great-looking. By all accounts, they can be some of the sweetest, smoothest units around. Mmmmm.

#16 ·
I was fortunate enough to handle one at a local shop. The crescent shaped but plate will kill your shoulder unless you are built just right. I'll stick with Marlin for the better fit.

#19 ·
While it is a great looking gun, and I'd love to have one, the price is a bit steep in my book for a Japanese made Winchester. Sorry, I'm old enough to remember Winchesters being AMERICAN made! My first gun (as well as my second and third) was a Winchester. I still own 2 original American made Winchesters -- a model 12 I bought in 1959 and a 9422 I bought in the 70s. I won't be buying anymore Winchesters, since they just aren't the same!:frown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.