Chinese knockoff Remington 870s?

This is a discussion on Chinese knockoff Remington 870s? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone checked out these Chinese lookalikes of the Remington 870 like the IAC Hawk Model 982 or the NEF Pardner which are almost identical ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Chinese knockoff Remington 870s?

Has anyone checked out these Chinese lookalikes of the Remington 870 like the IAC Hawk Model 982 or the NEF Pardner which are almost identical to the 870 in every way except they only run for about $200 - $250 and include some nice features such as a heavier, reinforced barrel and/or picatinny rail with ghost sights installed.

Seems like the parts may not be the same exact quality of a good 870 or Mossberg but I figure they must have some worth to them. I am definitely on a budget being a student and all.

http://i26.tinypic.com/1ht4wm.jpg

Administrator
    Shop around for a used Remington 870. You should be able to find one in pretty decent condition for $295.-$350.
    I would trust a used Rem more than a new Chinese.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

i bought my rem 870 for $360 brand new. it is the. home defense model with an 18.5'' barrel and holds 6 plus 1. alekkena 1294.jpg
    QKShooter and Secret Spuk like this.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    I have the H&R Pardner Pump 18.5 inch barrel that I purchased duing Black Friday sale last year for $150 NEW !!! I have NOT had any problems with it and runs great !!! Infact most of the accessories for the Remington 870 will also fit the H&R Pardner Pump, I believe everything EXCEPT the barrel, but with some minor mods even the barrel from a 870 will fit and work. Infact H&R is owned by Remington just produced in China and I think assembled in the USA. Also you will notice that the parts on the H&R PP like the trigger guard is made of METAL and not plastic like on the Remington 870. I hope this helps. God Bless
    QKShooter and Kilowatt3 like this.

VIP Member
    I used to have a Chinese shotgun. I picked it up because it ejected out the bottom rather than the side. That's nice for me since I'm right handed but left eye dominant. I tend to change shoulders depending on the situation and shooting left handed would get me empty hulls in the face. Gun never failed but I also never felt comfortable with it.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagelz1 View Post
    Has anyone checked out these Chinese lookalikes of the Remington 870 like the IAC Hawk Model 982 or the NEF Pardner which are almost identical to the 870 in every way except they only run for about $200 - $250 and include some nice features such as a heavier, reinforced barrel and/or picatinny rail with ghost sights installed.

Seems like the parts may not be the same exact quality of a good 870 or Mossberg but I figure they must have some worth to them. I am definitely on a budget being a student and all.

http://i26.tinypic.com/1ht4wm.jpg
    The part in bold pretty much says it all.
    atctimmy and QKShooter like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    You can get a lightly used Mossberg or Remington anywhere used guns are sold. I paid $250 for my last Mossy 500.
    QKShooter likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

The Pardner Pump is a copy of the 870. Most all the parts interchange. It is made of STEEL...whereas the 870 probably has more alloy/aluminum for some part. It is HEAVIER and works great...like a Mack truck...you don't baby it. When racking the
    slide and such, rack it hard, not gentle. It has double rails and you can remove the barrel very quickly to clean the gun.
    Owned one for few years now-traded a Mossburg 835 for it because needed a carry gun that I could hunt, shoot skeet, use
    for home protection or whatever. The 835 was just too big and pretty. After the first scratch in the woods on it, I swapped
    it out. The Pardner Pump is built like a tank and have no doubt could probably beat down a door with it if a you had to get
    out or something. It's already set up for sling attachment with the swivels installed. Parkarized so easy care. I chose this one
    over the Winchester 1300...which has rotary bolt lock-up and blowback assist because parkarized. I've beat it around carrying for few years with hardly any wear. Dispatched a big Copperhead snake last year that almost got my dog with it. I'd pick it over paying a fortune for the regular 870. If I were serious about paying the money for one, I'd get a Mossburg 590
    Military instead.

Im torn on this one. Most of us have been young, and had less money then, than maybe we do now.

On one hand there is no doubt in my mind that the OP should pass on some cheaped down China version of an 870, and get the real thing. He could get a used LE model, and really have something, and not have much money in it. I bought one post sandy hook, for $350. I dont know that it had ever been shot. If it had, certainly not much.

On the other hand; Fun cant always wait till we can afford the perfect, or best option. The OP could get that cheaper gun, and have some fun with it. Assuming the purchase is for fun, and not for HD use.

If for HD use...I guess it depends on how broke, and how desperate you are. If you feel the NEED for a HD gun NOW, well we can hope the fake china version will do the job, though it would not be my first pick.

Best of luck to you.

I've personally never much been into clones of anything. One may say that the "real thing" can be troublesome at times but the knockoffs have observed to be far less satisfactory in my experience.

The only Remington 870 I have around here is steel, excepting for the trigger guard housing but it's 35-40 years old. It's a 20 gauge Express Magnum.
    atctimmy and OD* like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member
    I own an H&R Pardner and am qualified on the 870. When it comes to function I can't tell the difference. For SD I'd take either one w/o hesitation.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    My local Walmart has a Mossberg 500 (made in USA) for $247 so I fail to see the value of the Chinese knock-offs. Like some of the others said you can pick up a used 870 for $225-$250 around here. Another option is the Winchester 1200/1300 which I have seen as low as $195 in the pawnshops. YMMV.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

If you can find one, the norinco shotguns are a very strurdy, well built shotgun. Norinco made 870"'s for remington, to the point most parts are interchangable. They were even made on remingtons machines, and cost half the price.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I almost bought a hawk during the initial panic when there was nothing else around, but with the availability of good shotguns in the under 400 range right now I just dont see the point. Mavericks may be good too, but not with how closely they're priced to a regular mossberg

No one should be surprised, thats all they do, use someone else idea or product and make cheaper copies. It's called no R&D expense, making profit off of someone else's hard work and idea.
    Last edited by Adam42; June 23rd, 2013 at 11:26 PM.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links