What y'all know/think bout the Kris Vector?

This is a discussion on What y'all know/think bout the Kris Vector? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Saw one over here the other day. Very scifi looking. I have not seen the new Total Recall movie but know it was used in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What y'all know/think bout the Kris Vector?

Saw one over here the other day. Very scifi looking. I have not seen the new Total Recall movie but know it was used in the film.

Just curious what your experience or thoughts are. .45acp is a common round in this house (carry it) and I am starting to reload it. I do not have an immediate need for the gun, but it looked neat, and I have no problem buying neat things. What do you plan to use it for if need be? Is it a complex gun? What is the point of a .45 acp carbine? etc, etc, etc.

Thanks

Their website: http://www.kriss-usa.com/index.php
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Pics of one?

Added link to OP.

Home
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Just from hearing and reading about it, their biggest selling point is that the bolt moves down instead of to the rear, counteracting some of the forces that cause a firearm to raise during automatic fire. Other than that, I played around with an SBR semi-auto one a local Class III Dealer has, and I want it bad.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Tubadude, do you only want it bad because it was a full auto version???

Not that it infringes anyone else, but things like capacity and full auto are null and void here so while that does influence my decision, it may be a reason for you all and that is what I want to know as well.
    BigJon

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Tubadude, do you only want it bad because it was a full auto version???

Not that it infringes anyone else, but things like capacity and full auto are null and void here so while that does influence my decision, it may be a reason for you all and that is what I want to know as well.
    It was just a semi-auto with a short barrel. They do make one with a 16" barrel, or at least one with 16" of stuff, and they say they offer ones for all 50 states, as well as a pistol.

I'm just going off what I've seen in person and on their website, so take everything I say at that. I'm sure someone who owns one will come along and correct me. haha
    BigJon10125 likes this.

I would have no use for anything like this.
    BigJon10125 and atctimmy like this.

We have one at the range that I work at and it's a turd. It's the semi-automatic version with 16" barrel. I get nothing but complaints from customers when they rent it. It won't feed properly and usually gives you a problem every three rounds or so. It's been sent back to the factory a handful of times (we've had two do this now) and it still won't run right. Tried just about everything we can think of and it still doesn't want to cooperate. Maybe we just got a lemon (two actually).

That being said, it's a pretty cool gun to shoot. Nice and tight design, next to no recoil, and fun. I don't know if I'd dump $1500 or whatever they're running on one though.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "Holy crap, what a turd that thing was. I love Ruger, but man, the first time I pulled the trigger I thought I was going to have a birthday before it broke. " - Yarg28

thanks Mxfreak. Aside from the $1800 price tag, I wondered if there was a reason they had been in the store a while. That MAY be why. They actually have both the "pistol" and carbine (which looks like the pistol with a suppressor on it).
    BigJon

The problem with all these high price semi autos is that you need to ask yourself - Is my family better defended with one of these, or with the 3-4 lever guns (one for each member of the family) I could get instead for the same money?

Now, if you want one for the cool factor, and you have money to blow, then go for it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Very true 10thmtn. As I said, it would only be the neat factor. The thought that it may be easier for the MRS to handle did cross my mind, but it is only a "neat/fun" factor.

That being said, a gun that jams and does not function well is not going to be "neat/fun"!
    BigJon

I have the SDP 5.5 threaded barrel version and have no issues with it. Recoil is minimal if any. The only issue with it is hand placement. If your left hand thumb is placed too far back around the slide stop, you'll engage it, locking the bolt back. Other than that, I haven't had any issues while FMJ or JHP rounds. If you want a SBR Kriss Vector, buy the SBR version straight out, as its cheaper this way. If you get a Carbine and want to SBR it, the barrel is not easy or cheap to swap. The SDP is much easier, since you just need to add the stock after Form 1 approval and engraving. That or sending it to Kriss for conversion and then doing a Form 4 transfer, but these cost more overall in the long run. The extended mags are Glock 21 mags with extended base from Kriss.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372620346.471195.jpg

VIP Member
    I’ve seen and handled a few at gun shows and while interesting and unique I personally do not desire one, now the FNH P-90 on the other hand I would like to have.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Never heard of the guy.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Looks cool but if it doesn't function........
    That being said I'll wager a BG would be surprised looking down the business end of one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links