AR-15 availibiltiy

This is a discussion on AR-15 availibiltiy within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was in 2 Wal-marts today and both had a Colt AR-15 in stock at $1160. Spoke to the clerk at one of the stores ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: AR-15 availibiltiy

AR-15 availibiltiy

I was in 2 Wal-marts today and both had a Colt AR-15 in stock at $1160. Spoke to the clerk at one of the stores and he told me it's been sitting there for nearly 2 weeks citing the reason as lack of ammo. Which was my exact rationale for not buying it myself.

2. Remove Ads

I bought one of the Colts when we got them back in stock. There's still some ammo out there.

Full Metal Jacket : Ammo To Go
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

the price of ar's are coming down and they are now in stock just about everywhere. if you hold on you will get one at a better price. i feel sorry for those that bought one at the high out of control prices. feel the same for them for the high price ammo. but i don't feel sorry for the one that got ar's and all the ammo they could for resale later. ammo is coming back on line with normal prices too. things will level out in the next few months if we don't have any more major gun events that the dems can use to misdirect us away from the real problems in american. when they level out it will be the time to buy. bu,,,t all way buy within reason. save some for the next guy.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    Prices will get better, both on the guns and the ammo.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by mdk View Post
    I was in 2 Wal-marts today and both had a Colt AR-15 in stock at $1160. Spoke to the clerk at one of the stores and he told me it's been sitting there for nearly 2 weeks citing the reason as lack of ammo. Which was my exact rationale for not buying it myself.
    I'm sure if you offer a price for the Colt plus a 1000rd case of 5.56x45 ammo they'd work to make that happen.

Of course, 2wks isn't that long. They're not likely in a rush, just yet.

Nice to see Colts out there. Just a couple months back, those puppies were rarer than hen's teeth.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I went to a gun show at the height of the buying frenzy, and saw more black rifles (overpriced, of course) being offered for sale than I had ever seen before. They never went away or became unavailable, just heavily speculated upon. Same thing with the ammo.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    My local Walmart is now carrying three AR models. Two Colt 6920's (one magpul edition and one with a rail system), a Bushy, and a Diamondback DB15. The Colt's were listed at like $1149 and $1400ish respectively, and the Bushy and DB15 were both near the $1000 mark.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Found me a Colt AR6721 on gunbroker for $1100 recently. It's in my safe now. Unfortunately in this idiotic state we need to get what we want before Oct 1, since we have a new "AWB" that goes into effect on that date. I'm seeing S&W, Windham and Bushmasters at the gun stores around here. Saw a SIG rifle or two as well. There was also a wall of AKs at the pawn shop that did the transfer on the Colt. I'll probably be back there once my funds recover from the Colt purchase to snag one. The calm before the storm, in this state anyway...

Here AR's are back AK's scarce and over priced. Our ammo is going to be a chronic issue because of flippers and our proximity to California when their laws take effect even more folks will cross the state line to avoid their restrictions.

Plenty of cheap Bushy's in the rack. fair supply of better AR's and Ak's at fair prices.
    Keep in mind a hurricane has an eye there is a storm then quiet break then the storm comes in all it's rage.
    Only you know how and when to spend your money . If you want something if you need it you need to make the call.
    This storm is far from over.
    StormRhydr likes this.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    The ARs are still 20% over where I think they should be, but they're like any other guns and the high quality precision models will not drop as quickly (some won't drop at all).

The ammo is comming down, and there are allot of hoarders/speculators trying to get out of their "investment". There is starting to be a ton of resale ammo online, and nobody's buying, because mostly the beast is saited. That will be the first place you'll start seeing deals. I'm finding bricks of .22 pretty regularly now, and I don't feel like I have to buy it when I see it anymore. 5.56 is still selling for $.50, and that IS insane when you figure what it costs to make, and how much of it is made.

This is tulips with guns USA style.
    La-tulipomania.jpg
    The only thing that has effected me is .22s, and that is winding down. I haven't liked paying these prices, but I'm obviously not going to stop shooting my .22s because the price doubles. Clearly I'll pay it, and that means a new bottom has probably been set for them...
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The ammo is starting to come down. A quick look on gun bot is showing Remington in stock at $0.50 per round. I last looked a few weeks ago and only Wolf and Tula were available at that price point. As a point of comparison, I was able to get Federal .223 for $0.50 per round at the local store several months ago.

The local small guns stores and big box gun store's shelves are full of ARs in 5.56X45mm, 7.62X51MM, and a few 9mm at good prices. The big box stores have been getting in a lot more ammo recently and it is staying on the shelves for a few days. I was at a big box store recently and they had a 1,000 round box of Federal Lake City 7.62X51 that went home with me.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Here AR are hard to find ammo same. over priced if available.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    There is a local gun store,i go to a good bit.They have AR'S from around 750.00 and up,according to what you want.

I noticed they had M&P15'S and Stags,not sure what else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links