How many own a M14/M1A?

This is a discussion on How many own a M14/M1A? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Joker, 100m also, we use the Alb. Police range. The location is owned by the Rec. Dept. and one of the stipulations the US Gov. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many own a M14/M1A?

Joker,

100m also, we use the Alb. Police range. The location is owned by the Rec. Dept. and one of the stipulations the US Gov. required of the Rec. Dept (when it was deeded to Alb.) was that it would be available to all private citizens. This is the old Turner Air Force Base range.
    Pershing SIR!!

2. Remove Ads

Don't own a shorty just a NM model that I've had for about 6 years. Great rifle.

JD
    Administrator

Sorry, but I'm also on the market for an m14 platform I've found a decent deal on a Scom II, but can you take off that cluster rail? It adds on an additional 2 pounds to a 10 pound rifle...

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post

Sorry, but I'm also on the market for an m14 platform I've found a decent deal on a Scom II, but can you take off that cluster rail? It adds on an additional 2 pounds to a 10 pound rifle...
    Yes, and the bottom one just pops right off if you are not using it for anything.

BTW-Here's a pic.
    Attached Images

Springfield Armory M1A Scout Squad, mahoghany stock, OD canvas sling, iron sights. A beauty.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

I own a SA National Match and just took delivery of a SOCOM II...both shoot terrificly! I am planning on mounting a Leatherwood "Camputer" scope on the Nat. Match, and a Trijicon Reflex on the SOCOM II, but want to get more shooting in with the iron sights...jus' to keep the ol' eyes in practice!
    I'm pretty new at this whole shooting thing, and these threads are a great source of knowledge and experience. Thank you all...Safe and Happy shooting!!

JT
    I’ve always wanted a M1A, but never got around to it. It would be a good companion to my Remington 700 in .308.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post

As stated it can be removed.....
    If weight is an issue, please consider an AR-15 in M4 config.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    As stated it can be removed.....
    If weight is an issue, please consider an AR-15 in M4 config.....

It's not that big of an issue, 10lbs for a SOCOM 16 is fine, I really don't anticipate needing quad rails, so 2lbs of unused rails is a waste for me. Like I said, I'm looking for a 16 but found a better price on a II.

I think the 10lbs of a M14 will suit me fine, just so long as it's 10lbs I will use. The only thing I'd be likely to add on it is a bi-pod, but it's not a nessecity.

I allready have a Bushy M4, bought it right after I came back from the Gulf, just looking to widen my collection and I really like the SOCOMs.

But thank you for the advice and sorry I missed the part about being able to remove the rail assembly.

Well the M-14 kicks, it is not your wimp gun and was meant to reach out and touch someone. Full auto M-14s were tried before the Stoner Rifle was introduced to fill the need of a light infantry, magazine fed rifle that could sustain a high rate of fire. The Squirrel gun got the nod because it didn't kick as much.
    3 inchs at 300 meters?? Have you let others shoot the rifle to compare results??
    The M-14 rifles are the eptiome of a SHTF rifle!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links