Just blew my AR budget on....

This is a discussion on Just blew my AR budget on.... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, like it says above. I had a few bucks lined up to buy an upper this summer. Instead I found a rifle that I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Just blew my AR budget on....

VIP Member

Just blew my AR budget on....

Well, like it says above. I had a few bucks lined up to buy an upper this summer.

Instead I found a rifle that I have been looking for about 7 or 8 years. I LOVE my A Bolt in 300WSM and have been looking for a left handed A Bolt (not X Bolt) in 7mm-08 for years. They never made a bunch of them when they were being produced and they were discontinued in 2010. I have been wanting one since about 2005 or so. I even ordered one years ago during production and the order was not able to be filled because of the limited amount made.

About 3 years back I found one online at Bud's but finances weren't right and I had to pass it up. I saved for a few months and when I went back to Bud's it was long gone. I promised myself that the next time I found one I would buy it regardless of the timing. So today the AR officially gets the back burner and I will say hello to this new beauty:

The left handed Browning A Bolt II Micro Hunter in 7mm-08 Remington:

All the lefties know where I'm coming from on this and how exciting it is to find a rare gun. Being a left handed shooter really stinks sometimes.....but not today!!!! Yay!
    Last edited by atctimmy; July 29th, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Thumbs up

'Nice pick. Plus you'll always be able to find ammo for it.

What optic are you gonna put on it?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Nice pick. Plus you'll always be able to find ammo for it.

What optic are you gonna put on it?
    It will get a Nikon Monarch 2-8 X 32.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a

Well, while I hate to see a fellow pass on an AR, Im pretty big on bolt actions, myself.

Sweet rifle. Hope you enjoy.
    atctimmy likes this.

The Browning A Bolt is a Fine rifle. I applaud you for choosing this fine rifle over an upper AR 15. The Nikon Monarch line of scopes are top deal. The 7-08 is a Winchester .243/.308 right in between. Consider also the .358 Win in a Browning as well:

Browning, 7-08, .243, .308 or .358 in A bolt are superb. The .358 is only available in the Browning BLR I've pictured. I love Browning Rifles! I love your choice!
    Regards,
    Chessman

I caught my bagpipes while doing these photos of my BLR in .358. I play them and they were out at the time.

VIP Member
    Are you protecting or blowin' up those bagpipes?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Are you protecting or blowin' up those bagpipes?
    I used to play classical guitar but can't anymore. I learned the pipes in 2000. I play them for funerals in the Army. I am retired US Army.

Awesome Tim! My FIL is a true lefty (I am a psuedo lefty, write and eat left handed, everything else right handed) and know the issues he has when we go shooting. That is a beaut! When do you get it, and where did you find it?
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Sometimes you have to prioritize. About 20 yrs ago I went to an LGS to purchase a Norinco 1911. Upon my arrival I saw a Remington 1100 same price. I went home with the 1100. I never did get a Norinco 1911, I did however pick up a Colt.
    atctimmy and OD* like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Awesome Tim! My FIL is a true lefty (I am a psuedo lefty, write and eat left handed, everything else right handed) and know the issues he has when we go shooting. That is a beaut! When do you get it, and where did you find it?
    I ordered it today. It should get to my ffl by the end of the week.

When I called they said they had two in stock. Can you believe that? I've been looking for one of these for years and they had two just sitting there collecting dust.

I ordered from it here:

LL Cote Sports Center - Hunting Fishing and Clothing Products
    accessbob and BigJon10125 like this.
    Mark Twain:

Very nice timmy, congrats!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Awesome Tim! My FIL is a true lefty (I am a psuedo lefty, write and eat left handed, everything else right handed)
    FINALLY! I now know I am not alone in this. I always figured there were others but have not run into any until now.

And ATCTimmy - Congratulations on the acquisition. Sometimes you gotta adjust when the timing is right. Good going and wishing you happy shooting!
    atctimmy and BigJon10125 like this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

So we finally figure out whats wrong with you..Your left handed....

Nice rifle Timmy...
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    So we finally figure out whats wrong with you..Your left handed....

Nice rifle Timmy...
    Ha! I'm like the other weirdos above but opposite. I'm actually right handed but I'm so left eye dominant that I shoot (and hit a baseball) left handed.
    Mark Twain:

Lead Moderator
    Nice , I own a A bolt medallion in 30-06. I love the smooth action of the bolt and the great accuracy.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links