finally got an AR15!

This is a discussion on finally got an AR15! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; picked up a bushmaster AR15 last friday morning. have been wanting an AR for a long time and finally saved my $s and got one. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: finally got an AR15!

finally got an AR15!

picked up a bushmaster AR15 last friday morning. have been wanting an AR for a long time and finally saved my $s and got one. i plan on getting a high end reddot sight or an eotech sight for it and will be putting other upgrades on it soon. the model is xm15 E2s. its got the handle iron sights. i picked up 2 30 round pmags for it and 180 rounds mostly 223 but got a few boxes of 556 also.. thanks for reading
    perfection likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    pics or it didn't happen!

;)
    srings and pittypat21 like this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member
    Ditto on Burns' post. But until the pics...consider this a preemptive congrats!
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

ill put some on when my g.f gets home their on her phone and ill transfer them on here. just looks like a black ar15 though lol. wanto put some attachments on it so it doesnt look like everyother Ar out their

Distinguished Member
    Congrats! Haven't gotten the AR bug yet myself, but I'm slowly coming around on the idea. Post a range report when you get to send some lead downrange, and yes we need pics !
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Oooooooh one of those evil black rifles. Congratulations.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

i went and shot it saturday the day after i got it.i shot 80 rounds through it some winchester and some tulammo. didnt wana shoot steel through it but i couldnt find anything else. i loved it and it shot great, thats the second time ive shot an AR. the iron sights were actually pretty accurate. was shooting at targets at about 25 30 yards and it was doing good. the more i shoot it the better my shot placements will get though.

Quote Originally Posted by gallardo.g23 View Post
    i went and shot it saturday the day after i got it.i shot 80 rounds through it some winchester and some tulammo. didnt wana shoot steel through it but i couldnt find anything else. i loved it and it shot great, thats the second time ive shot an AR. the iron sights were actually pretty accurate. was shooting at targets at about 25 30 yards and it was doing good. the more i shoot it the better my shot placements will get though.
    Congrats:) Btw, dont worry one bit about shooting steel cased out of your AR. It wont hurt it one bit.

The main question is generally WILL your particular AR handle steel cased. From what you say, yours did well with it. So consider yourself very lucky, if so. You will save a fortune if thats the case.

I like all the full mags, and the Glock AR combo.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Clean it well removing the factory grease and then oil it very heavy where the steel rubs on the steel, bolt carrier etc and it should run just fine.

One of the problems most new owners of AR run into is trying to fire it without removing the factory packing grease.

The rifle will jam and you will want to get rid of a good rifle that just needs cleaning.

If the bolt carrier even fills the least bit sticky clean it with Hoppers #9 solvent, and oil it with gun oil.

Great rifle shoot it and enjoy it!!!!!
    perfection and gallardo.g23 like this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Great video on AR 15 lubrication. I use GREASE for the interior friction points, ie Bolt Carrier, and cam pin.

AR 15 Lubrication

AR 15 Lubrication - YouTube

Those Irons will be accurate out a lot farther than just 25-30 yards! You can hit a human sized target without too much trouble at 500-600 yards with those Irons.

Great looking rifle!
    gallardo.g23 and StormRhydr like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new addition! Glad you were able to find some ammo. Let us know how you like it after you've wrung its tail a little. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post

The main question is generally WILL your particular AR handle steel cased. From what you say, yours did well with it. So consider yourself very lucky, if so. You will save a fortune if thats the case.
    Every quality AR out there can handle steel cased ammo. Keep your bolt wet, and let it get dirty. No need to obsessive compulsively clean it after every range trip. It should still be 100% reliable. BCM, Colt, Spikes, Noveske, Larue, LMT, Daniel's Defense all run 100% regardless of if you're using Tula/Wolf/Brown Bear or 60 per round premium brass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links