SKS Paratrooper

SKS Paratrooper

This is a discussion on SKS Paratrooper within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just snagged one.....a Chinese Norinco ..It was imported without the bayonet lug ..I think it was called a Cowboy carbine ...yippie-yi-yay ...yippi -yo-yay.... I was ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Buckeye63
  • 5 Post By Buckeye63

Thread: SKS Paratrooper

SKS Paratrooper

Just snagged one.....a Chinese Norinco ..It was imported without the bayonet lug ..I think it was called a Cowboy carbine ...yippie-yi-yay ...yippi -yo-yay....

I was always amazed at the accuracy I get out of the SKS platform...nuthin fancy, simple and works ..they are no longer $ 89.99 like they where in the day..but still a bargain..if you want a dependable semi-auto loading carbine..

I'll post pics when I get a chance picking it up tomorrow....hope it gets along with my Russian SKS...
    Ghost1958 and mook012 like this.

Nice! put a few hundred rounds through my full size norinco today. Great find. I'd love one. let us know how she shoots.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Here is a Pic nice clean lines ..light...put 50 rds through her yesterday..boreing accurate and reliable

She is out of the safe ..loaded with 125 gr soft points

Heres a pic of my Russian

I have a couple SKS's one stock(The wife's a purist) and one tinkered with (I like optics and grips). Both are fun enjoy yours and congratulations.

Odessa FL, South Pasco County, Tampa Bay Area
    Maybe even harder to find... I own one of the Norinco 'paratrooper carbines', that came from the factory with a standard detachable AK mag feed...Paid 150 bux for it at a gun show, sometime back in the late 80's. I modded it with an aftermarket tupperware folding stock with pistol grip... Love my lil' 'Commie Carbine'! Good and reliable shooter.

FLc
    THE BILL OF RIGHTS: Void Where Prohibited By Law
    Politically Incorrect?...Maybe. Conformity Challenged?...Absolutely
    "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." (Capt. Woodrow F. Call, TX Ranger, Ret)

I have a Norinco I bought way back when. Paid around 80.00 for it. I bought it because I wanted a rifle that would not cost me a arm and leg, just in case I ever needed a rifle. I don't hunt so I could not see spending hundreds of dollars on one. I still have five boxes of 7.62x39 ammo I bought for it. they are good guns for the money.

I have always liked the cheap Sks. Good for the money.

But I can tell you with absolute certainty that they ain't no cowboy gun.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I have always liked the cheap Sks. Good for the money.

But I can tell you with absolute certainty that they ain't no cowboy gun.
    But the ballistics are pretty close to a 30/30.

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    But the ballistics are pretty close to a 30/30.
    Until you go above a 123 grain bullet:)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I looked at my stash and they are all 122 grain or 123 grain what happens after that?

Beautiful gun OP. Enjoy it, and shoot the heck out of it, that's what they were made for!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

The cheap ones are selling for 200-300 now scary. Picked up a few of the 79-89 dollar ones in mid 70's. Still in a box some where around here.
    The SKS was and still is a cheap easy to make firearm it is neither real accurate or consistent.
    It is a short range 7.62x39 will do the work at close range but once you start reaching out it dies quickly.
    Fun to shoot and a good short range deer rifle

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    I looked at my stash and they are all 122 grain or 123 grain what happens after that?
    Ballistic decline. But it is still a cool cartridge, and I enjoy the sks rifle for what it is.
    I much prefer it over a 223 or 5.56 for an anti personal round.

One quality I like about the Sks is the ability to top load with stripper clips or road load as you go.
    I do wish someone would make an American sks copy with a little easier to use sighting system.

Sponsored Links