Defensive Rifle Hand Position - Rob Pincus & MoHawk

This is a discussion on Defensive Rifle Hand Position - Rob Pincus & MoHawk within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Defensive Rifle Hand Positions - PDN Videos Short video but informative!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Defensive Rifle Hand Position - Rob Pincus & MoHawk

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Defensive Rifle Hand Positions - PDN Videos

Short video but informative!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

OD*
    You must be on their mailing list to, no sooner than I get it and you have it posted.

It's is a good video.
    onacoma likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member
    Good video. Just like other things there is no magic bullet/firearm/hand position that works every time you have to be able to adapt to the situation.
    CIBMike likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I must be getting too da#@ old because I have a real hard time listening to Mike. How does he expect anyone to take him seriously when he looks like that!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nhcruffler View Post
    I must be getting too da#@ old because I have a real hard time listening to Mike. How does he expect anyone to take him seriously when he looks like that!
    Looks like what?

Looked like a dude holding a rifle to me.
    rocky and Darrow75 like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    You must be on their mailing list to, no sooner than I get it and you have it posted.

It's is a good video.
    I try to post the ones I get the most out of and Yes I'm on their mailing list as I use some of their videos in training exercses. I don't see the need to reinvent the wheel.
    OD* likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by nhcruffler View Post
    It is his form of Camo! Don't mess with the DU! Please note I warned you in the Title!

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    I try to post the ones I get the most out of and Yes I'm on their mailing list as I use some of their videos in training exercses. I don't see the need to reinvent the wheel.
    Sound advice.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

OD*
    It is his form of Camo! Don't mess with the DU! Please note I warned you in the Title!
    He's wearing "Urban Commando Chic."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If I have to resort to a long gun, I prefer to use "offensive" hand positions, the better part of a good defense. That aside, if my shooting instructor had tats, earrings, and a Mohawk, I'd ask for my money back. I prefer a more professional look.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Good video. The situation really does dictate the reaction...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Defensive Rifle Hand Positions - PDN Videos

Short video but informative!
    It was definitely short but I didn't find it very informative. I think some viewers may find the one minute 47 second video to be extremely confusing.

He pretty much said that personal preference and the situation will dictate hand position but offered very little info as to why. I found it extremely odd that the "rifle guy" spoke only about what his personal preference is and which hand positions he likes and dislikes and then Rob states how he "liked the fact" that the the guy mentioned that "different circumstances are going to dictate different hand positions" when the fact is that the "rifle guy" never discussed any "circumstances" when one should use any particular hand position over the other. The only thing Rob really addressed was having the hand back to get stability when in a kneeling position but instead of clearly stating that resting your elbow on your thigh is a great way to gain stability he said, "get that leg onto the hand or get that hand onto the leg". I'm pretty sure I know what he was trying to say but he didn't even come close to saying it correctly. If this is intended to be an instructional video, he might want to reshoot this segment and eliminate all the errors.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    He's wearing "Urban Commando Chic."
    lol. "Urban camo" was my first thought, too. Let's face it, he'll blend in much better in an urban setting than a guy in black and grey digital camo...

At least Pinkus finally found someone willing to appear in video with him!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    At least Pinkus finally found someone willing to appear in video with him!
    I take it you do not like Pincus either.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links