New Arsenal SAM7SF (Game Changer) AK Review

This is a discussion on New Arsenal SAM7SF (Game Changer) AK Review within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Arsenal has been eluding to a new AK which they've been calling a "game changer". They formally announced the rifle this morning. I've had a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MilitaryArms

Thread: New Arsenal SAM7SF (Game Changer) AK Review

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

Arsenal has been eluding to a new AK which they've been calling a "game changer". They formally announced the rifle this morning. I've had a pre-release rifle for a while now, so here's a peak at the new SAM7SF. It's not really "new" as the SAM7 side folding AK has been on the market once before for a very salty $3,5000 MSRP and was US made. The new rifle is Bulgarian made and comes to market at $1,599 (with the first 500 units going for $1,349).

Drgnfly and Rebel like this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I am extremely unfamiliar with AK's, so my question is; is the Arsenal brand and the features that this rifle brings to the table worth the 1500 dollar price tag in your opinion? I always thought of AK's as that great gun that you could by for 400-600 bucks and have a simple and worry free platform. But again, I have so little knowledge on the subject its laughable.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    Arsenal has been eluding to a new AK which they've been calling a "game changer". They formally announced the rifle this morning. I've had a pre-release rifle for a while now, so here's a peak at the new SAM7SF. It's not really "new" as the SAM7 side folding AK has been on the market once before for a very salty $3,5000 MSRP and was US made. The new rifle is Bulgarian made and comes to market at $1,599 (with the first 500 units going for $1,349).

Thirty five grand for an AK? Salty indeed!

Nice rifle, with some good features. But a game changer? Don't really think so. And still way overpriced. Never thought I'd see an AK sell for more than an AR!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    "Best AK on the market". Sure seems that way. TY Military Arms. It's a game changer in as much as it puts "the best" AK within reach of most rifle buyer's budget, but its nothing new, and AKs are still inaccurate rifles (even at $3.5G), IMO. It's no wonder they had to find a cheaper Mfg. trying to sell an AK at the price of the best ARs.

Although I don't have any experience with them...yet, my local gun gurus are telling me that .300 BLK is VERY similar to the 7.62X39 ballistically. I think I would rather pay a little less than that and just get a new Rhino Arms or Wilson Combat upper for the lower I already have. Then again, I'm simply not an AK guy, so take it for what it's worth. I have incredible respect for them, and the design being as prolific as it is. I just don't like how wobbly they are at range.

.300 BLK is catching on fast in the Mid-West. My guy told me today he has over 60 cans waiting on approval, mostly for SBRs in 5.56 and .300 BLK, and more than 20 SBR uppers, all in .300 BLK, waiting for approval, and the shop I go to is NOT a Tactical Tommy store. I think that's more of a game changer than a new AK. AK hitting power in AR accuracy. That would get my vote for game changer.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Looks great.

But I'll be going 300 blk once I move. In an sbr.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Nice! Arsenal is to AK's what Daniel Defense is to AR-15's. Their stuff is top notch!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Sponsored Links