AK-47 and SKS - Page 4

AK-47 and SKS

This is a discussion on AK-47 and SKS within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by joe/OH Alright guys - when you are talking about these uber accurate match AK-47's - let's be honest. Are we talking about ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AK-47 and SKS

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by joe/OH View Post
    Alright guys - when you are talking about these uber accurate match AK-47's - let's be honest. Are we talking about Romanian WASR's or are we talking about robarm VEPR's? Honestly - a VEPR isn't an AK - it's built on an RPK receiver and is in a class of it's own. Comparing the two isn't honest - especially when you take price into the picture.
    Comparing a VEPR to a Mini-14 is very “honest” since I paid about what a Mini-14 cost. And although it is very accurate for an AK, I never claimed it was an “uber accurate match AK-47". There’s no such thing.

As far as other AK’s, most of my experience is with a VEPR, a MAK-90, and a SLR-95. On all three the accuracy has been better (the VEPR) or as good as (SLR-95 and the MAK-90) I have gotten out of an SKS. And all of them have had better accuracy than I have seen out of a Mini-14. Now, I’ll admit that my experience with a Mini-14 isn’t much, but I have heard many reports about poor accuracy and reliability out of a stock Mini-14.
    Last edited by JT; December 6th, 2006 at 10:07 AM.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links