Need Help with Uppers - Page 2

Need Help with Uppers

This is a discussion on Need Help with Uppers within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks guy, I will let you know a few things I have discovered. 1) all barrels are chrome moly unless they are stainless. The chrome ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help with Uppers

Senior Moderator
    Thanks guy, I will let you know a few things I have discovered.
    1) all barrels are chrome moly unless they are stainless. The chrome helps the hardness count.
    2) J&T uses RRA barrels and some LMT parts. I could not find out who makes the other 2's parts
    3) Bushmaster use to subcontract alot of their parts to LMT and RRA. I also saw one article that said their lowers use to be made by MEGA Machince in WA. (I do have doubts about that article and could not verify it).

Wayne thanks for the links I will probably use the Mid-length kit by STAG, but who knows. I've got more research to do.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    1) all barrels are chrome moly unless they are stainless. The chrome helps the hardness count.
    Just don't confuse chrome moly with chrome lined. They can be chrome moly and not be chrome lined.

I highly recommend getting a chrome-lined barrel.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I don't believe any AR15 manufacturer makes their own lowers. They are usually manufactured by a forging plant and stamped/engraved with the manu's info on them.

If I had enough money to order the minimum I could order some AR15 lowers stamped with "Freakshow10mm's Badass AR" on them. There was a really good article in a AR15 magazine I read that basically said the Bushy, Armalite, Colt, and Billy's Backyard Blasters lower receivers are probably made side by side in one of about 4-5 aluminum forging plants in the US. I think Colt and S&W actually forge their own in-house.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I am going to keep an eye on the new Dem-o-crop congress; if it looks like they are going for another AWB I have everything in place with an FFL buddy to order 100 AR lowers from DPMS and a couple hundred standard capacity magazines for Glocks, Sigs and Springfield too.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I am going to keep an eye on the new Dem-o-crop congress; if it looks like they are going for another AWB I have everything in place with an FFL buddy to order 100 AR lowers from DPMS and a couple hundred standard capacity magazines for Glocks, Sigs and Springfield too.
    NOW THAT's PREPARED!!!

Giving one of these to the gun grabbers
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links