How about a nice Double Barrel shotgun Made in USA?

This is a discussion on How about a nice Double Barrel shotgun Made in USA? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Labor Day thoughts as I think of all those products that were once made here in the states. How many of you, for example, would ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: How about a nice Double Barrel shotgun Made in USA?

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar

How about a nice Double Barrel shotgun Made in USA?

Labor Day thoughts as I think of all those products that were once made here in the states. How many of you, for example, would love to see a quality American-made double barrel shotgun? Maybe a nice hunting version and a coach-gun for HD. Tell me that wouldn't be a big seller !
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

2. Remove Ads

It would make Joe Biden proud!
    Drgnfly and DRM like this.

I would definitely buy a reasonably priced, American made, double barreled coach gun in 20-g. I can't find anything locally for less that $399.
    USN Retired

I'd love to have a Parker sxs.

I'd also really love to have a double rifle chambered for 45-70 or 50-110 with express sights.
    Yeah, that would be awesome!
    atctimmy, OD* and zacii like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I'd love to have a Parker sxs.

I'd also really love to have a double rifle chambered for 45-70 or 50-110 with express sights.
    Yeah, that would be awesome!
    The one I saw in a LGS vanished in a heartbeat!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Here's a nice American-made double 12 for you. At least I think it's nice. My great-grandfathers Parker DHE, which he purchased with a miners wages while living in Silver City Idaho. It has seen quite a bit of use, mainly as a duck gun on the Snake River. The barrels are Damascus steel. Stock was damaged but repaired. Lot's of Parkers in better condition, but this one is priceless to me.

parker01.jpg
    parker02.jpg
    parker03.jpg

Since it would be made in the USA and Joe recommends it shouldn't they at least have their own tax deduction?
    5lima30ret and OD* like this.

If you dont mind an over n under... Ruger makes some nice ones. For a side by side?... I like Stevens, or Savage brands.
    OD* likes this.

Savage/ Stevens 311 are very stout S/S guns that are made in USA. I saw one in 16ga in LGS for about $325 as I recall.
    OD* and Secret Spuk like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

...just paid $500 for a 20 ga Fox with ejector/extractor and single trigger...almost paid $400 for a Stevens 311 before I found this one...they're out there, but they're high...cowboy action shooters have gobbled a lot of 'em up!!! if Ruger would make a field grade sxs...they would have to run the factory 24/7 to keep up...
    OD* and 10thmtn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    How many of you, for example, would love to see a quality American-made double barrel shotgun?
    Sure! I'd love a Parker, Lefever, Ithaca or Fox - or even a Ruger Gold Label. Nearly all were big sellers! Try finding one today for close to the original price tag...
    OD* likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Savage/ Stevens 311 are very stout S/S guns that are made in USA. I saw one in 16ga in LGS for about $325 as I recall.
    Are they still making the 311? I was under the impression that they were no longer produced.
    OD* likes this.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Back in the summer of 1959, between my junior and senior year in high school, I worked in a sporting goods store. I could have bought a Winchester Model 21 side-by-side double for $120. Instead, I bought a Model 12 pump for $99. I still have the Model 12. Have always regretted not buying the Model 21. Of course back then $1 an hour was what I was earning, so $120 was a LOT of money! For that matter, so was $99! Even though the Model 12 has appreciated in value, the Model 21 has appreciated even more! I'd still love to own one, but they are way out of my price range, even if you are able to find someone willing to sell one.
    OD* likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

...bought my first Stevens 311 12 ga in '66 for $61.50...brand new with my employee discount!!! I was making $1 per hour...

...not being made anymore...Savage, Stevens, or Fox
    ...Remington did a 411 similar a few years ago...an import from Turkey, if I remember, but haven't seen one...and they were about $400...

...after CAS set in, prices jumped on the used ones...$400's a good price now...in good shape...

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    if Ruger would make a field grade sxs...they would have to run the factory 24/7 to keep up...
    Actually, they tried with the Gold Label. A little spiffier than field grade, but far from fancy. It was lighter than the somewhat clunky Red Label, and it sold for a few hundred more, right around $2000 if I recall correctly. Unfortunately, it wasn't a money-maker for Ruger and it was discontinued after just a 3-year run.
    OD* and QKShooter like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links