Mounting Options

Mounting Options

This is a discussion on Mounting Options within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, a while back I posted a question about what scope to pair with my .257 Weatherby Vanguard S2. I finally made up my mind ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By atctimmy
  • 1 Post By Pig

Thread: Mounting Options

Mounting Options

OK, a while back I posted a question about what scope to pair with my .257 Weatherby Vanguard S2. I finally made up my mind and ordered a Weaver Grand Slam 4.5-14x40. I'm now faced with what mounts to use and am completely dumbfounded!!
    Weatherby makes some fancy looking billet aluminum ones, and I hear Weaver and Leupold make good mounts. Does anyone (by chance) have any experience with this setup or something similar? Really clueless here, please help.
    "You are guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky

VIP Member
    Leupold mounts are pretty solid. I like Talley one piece rings and bases the best.

Talley Lightweight 2-Piece Scope Mounts Integral 1 Rings Remington 700

Talley Lightweight 2-Piece Scope Mounts Integral 1 Rings Remington 700

These rings will fit your Weatherby. I linked medium and low rings.
    pilot101 likes this.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Pig
    DNZ makes a good one piece mount as well.
    pilot101 likes this.

Sponsored Links