AR-15 1-4x scope

AR-15 1-4x scope

This is a discussion on AR-15 1-4x scope within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently decided to go with a 1-4x for my bushy xm-15 and I really like the primary arms 1-4x for the price and from ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By atctimmy

Thread: AR-15 1-4x scope

AR-15 1-4x scope

I recently decided to go with a 1-4x for my bushy xm-15 and I really like the primary arms 1-4x for the price and from what I've heard, the reliability. What I would like to know is what experience anybody has had and if I should go for the deluxe extended mount ($59.99) or the standard ($19.99). Is the price really worth it?
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

Any reasonable price you pay for optics and mounts will be worth it. It is another one of those "You get what you pay for". I went the route trying different scopes, red dots etc and finally settled on an Aimpoint PRO for my AR after several years.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

VIP Member
    There is no magic "deal" on optics. If you don't want to spend some money for a quality optic then you are better off with iron sights.
    sammage likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Just a FYI and you may already know this but... Primary Arms is releasing a new 1x6 scope this month. Might be worth waiting to grab one of those. Thats what I am doing.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    There is no magic "deal" on optics. If you don't want to spend some money for a quality optic then you are better off with iron sights.
    I think that completely depends on the purpose of the rifle. I don't see any reason to put a 2k nightforce on a plinking AR or a 10/22. I think that budget optics are fine for plinking/range/fun guns. Hard use guns? That's a different story.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Primary Arms optics are well thought of as budget optics over at AR15.com.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Primary Arms seems to make a decent budget optic. I wouldn't hesitate to run one on a dedicated range gun. Vortex also has some quality gear and higher end line too like the RAZR 1-4 and 1-6.

When it comes to mounts, I always recommend a one piece mount for the AR or similar type of rifle.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I have no experience with this brand, but I would lean toward the deluxe extended. Most scope mount designs are not intended for the AR platform and will provide less than ideal height and eye relief with normal stock weld. If you have an integrated front post, it might even block your sight picture using normal rings.

I put normal rings and a rail riser on my .223 rifle and was never pleased with it. The .308 is fitted with a single piece Burris mount (about $100); the fit is exponentially better.

Just make sure you know what you are getting and if it will fit your rifle and shooting style.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

ahh yes I saw that, I may go that route as well
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

Links