Need help replacing link on Benelli m4 bolt assembly

This is a discussion on Need help replacing link on Benelli m4 bolt assembly within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I bought a used Benelli M4 a couple months back the gun looked flawless except for some rust on the recoil link. It has ...

So I bought a used Benelli M4 a couple months back the gun looked flawless except for some rust on the recoil link. It has performed flawlessly at the range through probably 300 rounds of birdshot, buckshot and slugs. I ordered a new recoil link and it came in today. I posted on the Benelli forum that I was thinking of changing the part out. The very few people who answered me told me to leave it alone if it ain't broke don't fix it, but I can't stand to have a rusty part in my gun. Is it a pretty simple swap just take the pin out and put on a new link. Someone told me to make sure I restake it right or it could have a lot of play on it(moving left and right). I really don't see how that it's possible to do that since the link sets in grooves in the bolt body. If any has any experience with the m4 I would appreciate the help. Here is a pic of my recoil link20130908_133050.jpg

It's the long tail piece on the bolt body I'm wanting to change1439190.jpeg

Links