New Rifle Machine Gun is belt fed no its not yes it is!

This is a discussion on New Rifle Machine Gun is belt fed no its not yes it is! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; See how stupid these people are! New Rifle Mimics Machine Gun's Rapid Fire -- and It's Legal - Yahoo Finance I know slide fires have ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By A1C Lickey
  • 2 Post By Gearhead
  • 1 Post By rogertc1
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: New Rifle Machine Gun is belt fed no its not yes it is!

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

New Rifle Machine Gun is belt fed no its not yes it is!

See how stupid these people are!

New Rifle Mimics Machine Gun's Rapid Fire -- and It's Legal - Yahoo Finance

I know slide fires have been around for a few years, but these people at Yahoo news are idiots......I love how there is a picture of AK only to talk about AR's

OOO and watch the TRANSITION!!!!

Slide Fire already sells bump-stocks for $370 that speed up the rate of fire for semiautomatics. The company also sells semiautomatic rifles that have already been accessorized for bump-fire, costing between $1,150 to $1,950. But these guns use magazines, not belts, and thus have limited ammo capacity.

A spokeswoman for Wal-Mart (WMT), one of the largest gun sellers in America, said the company does not sell Slide Fire products, and will not be offering the belt-fed rifle.

But Hill, who referred to the Slide Fire products as "a poor man's machine gun," doesn't plan to sell the belt-fed gun, because he doesn't believe there will be much of a demand for it.

I know the gun store owner knows the difference between Belts and box so this is obviously the writer for Yahoo! Wow talk about crappy journalism!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Nothing new, up until recently, there was a company, Valkyrie Armament, that sold belt fed AR's using the Slide Fire system.

But you're right, it's basically sensationalist journalism.
    rogertc1 likes this.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

According to the article the Spokesperson at Slidefire SAID they would be offering a BELT FED GUN in the future,so it sounds like the article is fairly accurate and I've seen some AR uppers that are belt fed, so whats your point
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    The article is from CNNMoney.com; Yahoo only linked to it.

As far as showing an AK when talking of an AR, I didn't see where either platform was mentioned in the article or on the manufacturer's website. They mostly talked about the basic bump-fire stock. Presently, both platforms are offered so it's anybody's guess which one will be used for the belt-fed version. I'm guessing the AR due to it's popularity and the existence of the SAW.

One thing that's not talked about is the awkwardness of a belt of ammo (not to mention the weight); that's why machine gunners have assistants. Magazines place the weight nearer your center of gravity for ease of movement. Still, I can see where someone might like the option of belt feed if firing from a fixed position and using it for suppressive fire. Personally though, I like more flexibility.

Journalists often "view with alarm and accept with enthusiasm", especially with firearms. You've probably seen this before but here is the basic journalist's firearms training manual...
    journalists-guide-to-guns-1.jpg
    Stoveman and sammage like this.

It would be a waste of ammo which is worth more than guns nowdays..
    Richard58 likes this.

For all my shooting purposes I'm grateful I don't have to deal with belt-fed anyway.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

When I deserved an ass whooping in my younger days it was usually belt fed
    4my sons likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Actually there are belt-fed ARs you can buy, and with a 100-round beta-mag, a slide-fire stock is a lot of (expensive) fun.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Links