Saw one for the 1st time.

This is a discussion on Saw one for the 1st time. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Walked into my local gun shop to pick up some magazines(finally getting some PPQ M2 magazines in store). I walked over to the rifle wall ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Saw one for the 1st time.

Saw one for the 1st time.

Walked into my local gun shop to pick up some magazines(finally getting some PPQ M2 magazines in store). I walked over to the rifle wall and saw them. The gun shop finally got Tavors in . Hope to get handle one soon. Buying one is going to be a longer process.
    Tzadik likes this.

2. Remove Ads

When I asked at my LGS if they had seen any the clerk didn't even know what one was

VIP Member
    Had to Google that one, interesting weapon.

Tavor
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    What do they run $$ wise?

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I saw the title and thought it was a snipe.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I shot one they are BAD A Little rifles. With a bullpup the trigger always is always a little long and gritty, but the Tavor's wasn't that bad. I can see if you where in a vehicle how this gun would be very useful, however, I still don't believe them to be 100% ambi. THe brass still hits me in the face when I shoot it as a south paw and the ejection port on the right side.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    What do they run $$ wise?

In stock here for $1,879.99.

Cheapest I've ever seen one. Normally around the $2,000 mark.

VIP Member
    Yikes that's a lot of money for a peasants wages.
    Nice, but pricey.
    If I were inclined to want a rifle like that, the Kel Tec has a "entry level"price.
    The Tavor looks like it is better built, but only if you are invading another country........IMHO
    Either way, looks like fun!
    Would make a nice compact ride along gun for LEO.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I saw the title and thought it was a snipe.
    Now that is funny as hell. It's Friday,I'm tired, and I needed that.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    If I were inclined to want a rifle like that, the Kel Tec has a "entry level"price.
    Read/watch the reviews... you get what you pay for.

If I was to go with a bullpup, the Tavor would be towards the top of the list.

VIP Member
    Military Arms Channel has some extensive reviews on the Tavor. They seem like great guns if you like bullpups.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

i've changed my mind many times about which SD rifle i wanted to get: from the Masada (later called the ACR), Barrett REC-7, Sig 556, Scar 16S. well my procrastinating has actually paid off: it's the TAVOR for me. now, just the minor task (LOL) of coming up with the money.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Shot one down at the local public range a few weeks back. The triggers are a bit hefty compared to AR's and even the FS2000 is substantially easier. Like all Bullpups, they have a certain degree of "suck" to them as practicality of ergonomics is non-existant. Save your money, all $2100 of it, and get yourself a gently used AR or AK for half the price, spend the rest on ammo and get trained.

And another thing about calling them "SD" rifles, Im not going to even try to insinuate that rifles are more for offensive purposes as they would be too much of a liability in a defensive situation, hense "assault rifle", but you have to think of it as if you are a serious practitioner of martial arts, and are making the leap to becoming as well rounded in your art as you possibly can. As some people would fork over a size-able chunk of money for a expertly made katana sword to learn the art of sword play, we will do the same for an AR, AK, etc. Sure, you could walk into a mall and go nuts with a sword, just as a person could use it for self-defense, though we hope and pray we never have to. Which is why alot of people learn how to use these rifle the way they were meant to be used, to put the fear of the four horse-men on any idiot who tries anything where the situation allows for the use of a rifle without risk to others. Just my thoughts.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    I don't know, what's an AR SBR set up going for? Not my thing, but it would seem to be just as effective or maybe even more so. That is allot of firepower in a small package, and the price doesn't seem way out there to me.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

If I were to come across a TAVOR in a shop, my girlfriend better drag me out real quick like or the wallets coming out!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links