Specialty (Defensive?) Shotgun Shells

This is a discussion on Specialty (Defensive?) Shotgun Shells within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; FSB Russia shows off some different commercial specialty shells (and one of his own). 12 Gauge Dragons Breath The last one is pretty incredible. I ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ghost tracker
  • 1 Post By WHEC724

Thread: Specialty (Defensive?) Shotgun Shells

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"

FSB Russia shows off some different commercial specialty shells (and one of his own).

12 Gauge Dragons Breath

The last one is pretty incredible. I don't know if that's phosphorus, or magnesium, but whatever it is looks extremely effective, and somewhat non-lethal.

I am thinking that there is no way an attacker proceeds when hit with one of those, but it isn't something you would want to use in your house!
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

With so many tried-and-true, effective things to load in a shotgun, why would I try exotic, hyped-up, theoretical materials? I'm thinking that there's no way an attacker proceeds after a center mass buckshot hit.
    WHEC724 and atctimmy like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    A fun part about shotguns has always been loading it up with various crap to see what it does. The dragon's breath round was certainly entertaining.

I'm all for innovation, but I've yet to see anything that has surpassed the effectiveness of buckshot or slugs from a shotgun.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Cool vid. Thanks for sharing.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Word on the street is that more than a few deer have been taken during bow season, when the arrow was fired out of a shotgun. That might actually be something worth remembering, should SHTF.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    FSB Russia shows off some different commercial specialty shells (and one of his own).

12 Gauge Dragons Breath

The last one is pretty incredible. I don't know if that's phosphorus, or magnesium, but whatever it is looks extremely effective, and somewhat non-lethal.

I am thinking that there is no way an attacker proceeds when hit with one of those, but it isn't something you would want to use in your house!
    This is a non-issue, but it's FPS Russia lol

Cool video!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Illegal to possess in Florida.
    Your mileage may vary state to state..

LINK
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

Interesting but I'll stick with buckshot thank you.

Sponsored Links