The Jet Comp - a Geiselle trigger - quite a combo for an AR (fun video)

This is a discussion on The Jet Comp - a Geiselle trigger - quite a combo for an AR (fun video) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I won't beat around the bush about this: This video is a promo for the Tactical Shooting Academy Jet Comp. I did the video because ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tangle
  • 1 Post By nedrgr21

Thread: The Jet Comp - a Geiselle trigger - quite a combo for an AR (fun video)

Senior Moderator

The Jet Comp - a Geiselle trigger - quite a combo for an AR (fun video)

I won't beat around the bush about this: This video is a promo for the Tactical Shooting Academy Jet Comp. I did the video because I was very impressed with both the quality, price point, and effectiveness of the compensator.

As you watch the video, there's a couple of things you should find interesting. One, the compensator works! Two, it's built to last. And third and no less important, it does NOT adversely affect accuracy, it actually improves accuracy a bit. I'm using accuracy here, but really I should be using precision; there's a distinct difference, but since most use accuracy....

Also, there is a clip where I shoot the semi-auto AR at about a 400 rounds/minute rate - notice how the compensator holds the muzzle down. I'm embarrassed to have to admit that I was over-controlling the gun and that introduced some extraneous motion that didn't have to be there, still....Also, you might notice the action of my trigger finger - it never leaves the trigger - that was a pleasant surprise for me - I had hoped that was the case, now I know.

Also, one thing that may be of interest, is the accuracy shooting - I had to synthesize this. Don't misunderstand, I actually made the shots, with the gun, at the specified range with the specified scope. But because the target was 50 yards away, I couldn't video the hits a close up and as clearly as I wanted to, so after I shot the shots, nine in all, I took a high resolution picture of the target. So how does it appear that I'm actually shooting the target?

Well, I used Creator Pro photo editor. I saved the orginal pic, then painted out one hit and saved that, then painted out the second hit and saved that, and then I painted out the last hit.

Then in my video editor PowerDirector 11, I pieced everything together the way it actually happened in real time. It was interesting getting everything timed out as it actually happened in real time. The shot had to appear at the sound of the shot. Notice how realistic it appears. I was very pleased with the result. And it is real; I made all the shots as shown and in the order shown; I just couldn't capture it in real time, so I had to find another way to show the results.

And a word about the recoil illustrations. I recorded this guy shooting using a frame rate of 150 frames per second. That let me pick more precisely the "before" and "after" frames. These are one shot, repeated four times. When I put only one shot in, it happened too fast for the mind to comprehend fully, so I just copied them until it was pretty clear what was going on.

He shot five shots with and without the compensator. I took two pics of the same shot and picked out the before and after frames as representative of the five shots. The best shot with the compensator didn't have enough movement to even bother with, so I picked one that wasn't quite so good.

Great work, DR - as usual!

tony1990 likes this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

Neat editing to get what you wanted - thanks for explaining how you did it. Is there an increase in noise from the shooter perspective - what I hate about most brakes?
    Popeye5782 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Neat editing to get what you wanted - thanks for explaining how you did it.
    Thanks nedfgr21!

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    ...Is there an increase in noise from the shooter perspective - what I hate about most brakes?
    That is a concern about compensators - having heard the 'loud' factor before about compensators, I was kind of expecting an ear full, but the Jet Comp really isn't bad at all. I've shot it a lot and don't even pay any attention to it. One guy that shot it (the one in the recoil pics) said he thought the flash hider was louder than the Jet Comp.

I think some comps must be pretty loud; the Jet Comp isn't.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Links