Florida Residents To Receive Free Shotgun

This is a discussion on Florida Residents To Receive Free Shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well i'm guessing not every resident lol. Pro Gun Group to Give Out Free Shotguns to Florida Residents for Self Defense...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Stoveman
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 4 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh

Thread: Florida Residents To Receive Free Shotgun

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

Florida Residents To Receive Free Shotgun

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good idea until the free shotgun doesn't come with a free safe and is subsequently stolen and potentially used in another crime....
    Gav1230 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Hopefully they will go to the ones that can use them.It's good they will get some training if they aren't familiar with them.

I'm a fan of this idea but Stoveman brings up a good point. They're arming people in mid-high crime areas, which to me, means higher chance of break-ins. Especially if this program is receiving attention. Remember, the thugs keep up with the news, too.
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Good idea until the free shotgun doesn't come with a free safe and is subsequently stolen and potentially used in another crime....
    Always with the negative waves. It's FL, not CA or MA.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

A police report for the stolen weapon is all you're required to do in FL to absolve yourself of criminal liability. You may be sued by the victim's family if they're gold diggers, since people can sue you for emotional distress for giving them a funny look (whether or not they win depends on if you get an activist judge or not); but you won't be going to prison because some subhuman thug broke into your home and stole your shotgun, only to turn around and use it in the commission of a crime.

If I won the lottery, this is the type of program I'd set up. Arm and train people left and right.

Until then, donations to causes like this it is.
    Brent95 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

You had to go there? Sounds like a Dianne Feinstein Sarah Brady fan. A evil black rifle Assault Weapons ban advocate. Why are anti self defense fanatics so fear driven? If that is a real concern simply provide all gun owner a $1200. rebate for every gun safe they buy.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by synx View Post
    A police report for the stolen weapon is all you're required to do in FL to absolve yourself of criminal liability. You may be sued by the victim's family if they're gold diggers, since people can sue you for emotional distress for giving them a funny look (whether or not they win depends on if you get an activist judge or not); but you won't be going to prison because some subhuman thug broke into your home and stole your shotgun, only to turn around and use it in the commission of a crime.
    And what possible "civil" liability is involved for the owner of a stolen gun? If a firearm is in a locked house or locked car--it is legally secured, requiring forced entry to steal it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Local station has already made the usual gloom and doom report saying there will be blood in the streets and shoot outs over arguments plus the usual fear mongering.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Im all for it. A lot of good people here live in bad areas and could use the help. The more houses that are armed the more criminals will rethink breaking in.
    Unreconstructed to the End.
    Dum Vivimus Vivamus
    Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back

Links