New Rifle, New Hobby

This is a discussion on New Rifle, New Hobby within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recently got into the Big Black Gun club, and now I have a new hobby. Apparently my dog is an attention hound, she can't stay ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By liquid150
  • 1 Post By patri0t
  • 2 Post By Stoveman
  • 1 Post By BlueNinjaGo

Thread: New Rifle, New Hobby

New Rifle, New Hobby

Recently got into the Big Black Gun club, and now I have a new hobby. Apparently my dog is an attention hound, she can't stay out of my photos.

Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I see the new gun. What is the new hobby exactly?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

The gun, maintenance, learning about them, etc.

I guess that wasn't very clear, was it? I was pretty vague. Sorry!
    atctimmy likes this.

Aimpoint pro ? how do you like it ?

Nice, have fun with that!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

Beautiful AR, there. Nice flat top, optic, free-float, etc.

Did you do that much homework or do you really know your stuff, as appears to be the case.
    One of mine is a Colt flat top M4, my favorite. I put a rear push-button 200 lumen light and a (3k meter) green laser with corded switch on it.
    I had a $50. 3x9x42 Bushnell scope on it for awhile & I was good to 400 yards with benchrest & 4 inch groups (scope was better than I could shoot).
    Got a single point sling and a ring to attach it to for about $25. from Amazon.com and has been my best upgrade.

Mine came with the 'MaTech' BUIS the .mil is going to, but would not recommend them. I get ammo by the case so I can afford to shoot my AR type firearms.
    Yours looks 'ready-to-go' with a flashlight & mount + spare battery in broom handle.
    liquid150 likes this.

Thinking about diving into this hobby as well. Just have to learn something about them first.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid150 View Post
    Recently got into the Big Black Gun club, and now I have a new hobby. Apparently my dog is an attention hound, she can't stay out of my photos.

Why is your dog wearing a green moo moo?
    GlockHawk17 and atctimmy like this.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Nice rifle. Some details on it?

Fun little tip. Upload it to Imgur and it will A)Allow you to resize/crop/edit B)Remove geotagging and other information C)direct link or post in forums or however you want.

Also, it's fast and so extremely simple. You can paste screenshots, image urls, or upload pics from your computer.

Example:

Took about 15 seconds. Pretty cool site once you get the hang of it.
    atctimmy likes this.

Caption: Keep your paws off my ar

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    As a fellow DD owner, you are going to love that rifle. Nice!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    Aimpoint pro ? how do you like it ?
    Sorry, was away for a bit. Aimpoint Pro, and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Beautiful AR, there. Nice flat top, optic, free-float, etc.

Did you do that much homework or do you really know your stuff, as appears to be the case.
    One of mine is a Colt flat top M4, my favorite. I put a rear push-button 200 lumen light and a (3k meter) green laser with corded switch on it.
    I had a $50. 3x9x42 Bushnell scope on it for awhile & I was good to 400 yards with benchrest & 4 inch groups (scope was better than I could shoot).
    Got a single point sling and a ring to attach it to for about $25. from Amazon.com and has been my best upgrade.

Mine came with the 'MaTech' BUIS the .mil is going to, but would not recommend them. I get ammo by the case so I can afford to shoot my AR type firearms.
    Yours looks 'ready-to-go' with a flashlight & mount + spare battery in broom handle.
    I did a ton of research and homework. I wanted to buy once, and buy right. I learned a ton in the process. I settled on the following:
    Daniel Defense DDM4v5 rifle
    Troy Industries folding rear and fixed front sights
    Aimpoint Pro red dot optic
    Surefire X300 rail mounted flashlight (500 lumens LED), I am right handed so turning on the light only takes a touch of the thumb
    VCAS padded Vickers sling with TriGlide for easy changing between 2 point and single point sling wearability
    Magpul Grip core for MOE - to put optic batteries in one handle and flashlight batteries in the other

Some day when I decide to allocate the funds I will add an Aimpoint 3x Magnifier and perhaps a Magpul UBR butt stock. For now I am spending that money on ammo, lots and lots of ammo. I, too, am buying by the case. No reason to spend money on small amounts of ammo, the price shoots up dramatically. I'd rather buy in lots of no smaller than 1000 rounds.

Links