Michigan Bill To Allow SBR

This is a discussion on Michigan Bill To Allow SBR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Michigan Senate has introduced a bill to amend prohibition on short barrel rifles. Of course who knows if our governor will sign it. http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...3-SIB-0610.htm...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Michigan Bill To Allow SBR

Michigan Senate has introduced a bill to amend prohibition on short barrel rifles. Of course who knows if our governor will sign it.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...3-SIB-0610.htm
    american23 likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Snyder will sign it. He's broken down all the nonsense laws since he came into office: no more helmets for motorcyclists, no more getting a permit from the sheriff's department to buy from a FFL, almost demolished all the Gun Free Zones before Sandy Hook hit (bad timing). He'll get this done.

I'd love me a SBR!
    oneshot, DRM and american23 like this.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Snyder will sign it. He's broken down all the nonsense laws since he came into office: no more helmets for motorcyclists, no more getting a permit from the sheriff's department to buy from a FFL, almost demolished all the Gun Free Zones before Sandy Hook hit (bad timing). He'll get this done. I'd love me a SBR!
    So I've heard different interpretations on this. So Lucy: "if you could please splain dis too me"?

If this passes & is signed:

1) you "can" possess a SBR < without a special permit

2) you "can" sell/transfer ownership/inherit become heir too be bequeathed a SBR

3) you "can not" sell/transfer ownership/inherit become heir be bequeathed a SBR

4) you "can" alter a non SBR into a SBR "it does not have to come from" the manufacturer that way

5) you "can not" alter a non SBR into a SBR it "must come from" the manufacturer that way

Either way....if Gov. Snyder continues to stand up and be counted and continue too FULLY SUPPORT our 2A then he will sign it! He will be the one to set the precedent for all other States too follow. Good thing this is his first term because he will be re-elected too.

Do they still do that thing were they measure the gun length differently from the federal stuff so a lot of folding stock guns are a no no there without some massive muzzle brake . I believe they measure with the stock close versus the fed thing where the stock is open . I might be mixing that up ,its late .

Lead Moderator
    From the link provided it sounds as if as long as you follow federal rules ( and the law is changed) you would be able to own, make, or buy a SBR. Not sure what muzzle device rules you are referring to wrongrecroom?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    So I've heard different interpretations on this. So Lucy: "if you could please splain dis too me"?

If this passes & is signed:

1) you "can" possess a SBR < without a special permit

2) you "can" sell/transfer ownership/inherit become heir too be bequeathed a SBR

3) you "can not" sell/transfer ownership/inherit become heir be bequeathed a SBR

4) you "can" alter a non SBR into a SBR "it does not have to come from" the manufacturer that way

5) you "can not" alter a non SBR into a SBR it "must come from" the manufacturer that way

Either way....if Gov. Snyder continues to stand up and be counted and continue too FULLY SUPPORT our 2A then he will sign it! He will be the one to set the precedent for all other States too follow. Good thing this is his first term because he will be re-elected too.
    I'll be voting for him. He's had a pretty good first term.

Sounds good! Hopefully Snyder won't cave to the antis like he did with the expanded concealed carry laws.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    From the link provided it sounds as if as long as you follow federal rules ( and the law is changed) you would be able to own, make, or buy a SBR. Not sure what muzzle device rules you are referring to wrongrecroom?
    I was not referring to sbr but I was under the impress that Mi had some restriction on folding stock tactical guns as they measure stock length differently then the federal stander .

If you think requiring helmets is "nonsense" then I hope you don't own a bike. Or at least I hope you have private health insurance so my taxes don't have to pay for your ventilator someday if you should unfortunately get in a serious accident.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

He means the the freedom of choosing a helmet or not. You like freedom don't you?
    atctimmy likes this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    He means the the freedom of choosing a helmet or not. You like freedom don't you?
    ^ yup. And since Snyder passed that law over half of the riders I see in my area are riding el naturale. Freedom of choice is good.
    DRM likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    If you think requiring helmets is "nonsense" then I hope you don't own a bike. Or at least I hope you have private health insurance so my taxes don't have to pay for your ventilator someday if you should unfortunately get in a serious accident.
    ^^^^^

Wearing a helmet while riding is like having a lid on your Big Gulp in the car when you are in a crash.
    It really doesn't matter, cause something's gonna get spilled.
    If motorcycles are so damned dangerous, why not outlaw them?

Same reason they haven't outlawed cigarettes,.
    DRM likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I'm more interested in SBR's ;)

It has a long way to go to get to the Governor. It was just introduced, so maybe in a few years.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I was not referring to sbr but I was under the impress that Mi had some restriction on folding stock tactical guns as they measure stock length differently then the federal stander .
    Effective 1/1/13, we now use the federal standard of measuring length. Michigan Legislature - Senate Bill 0760 (2011)
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links