Modern Sporting Rifle’ Report–Surprise, They’re Popular

This is a discussion on Modern Sporting Rifle’ Report–Surprise, They’re Popular within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NSSF releases 'Modern Sporting Rifle' consumer report?They're popular...

Thread: Modern Sporting Rifle’ Report–Surprise, They’re Popular

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

I went to visit a friend of mine in a little town named Marion,S.C.We went out to walmart and stopped by sporting goods.I noticed two empty spaces where the long guns are.It was two ARs that had been sold.There were two more in the case.He told me he had never seen any ARs for sale at that particular walmart.Maybe they are getting more popular.

Senior Moderator
    My local Walmart sells bunches of AR's. Colts, Bushmasters, DPMS or S&W's in just about any configuration you want.

Here lately, even in the gun shops they have had brisk sales.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Yep walmart near me had a bunch of ars in stock. You know what is harder to find are sks and aks they seem to be harder find. Also as soon as the one gun control is spoken there is a rush, we have probly added more members to the ebr family in the last year or two then a long long time

“Modern Sporting Rifles,” I like that name it sure sounds more like what they rather than assault weapons.
    It truly describes them as what they are not what some call them out of ignorance.
    Yes “Modern Sporting Rifles,” I will use that term form now on.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Yea i agree.Modern sporting rifle is a good one for it.I know mine hasn't ever assaulted anyone.It has been used a few times on paper or metal.

I don't use my AR for any kind of sport. I use it for self defense and self defense training.

"Rifle" works just fine for me.

But yes, the AR is very popular. Those seeking to subjugate the American people would do well to remember it.
    British by birth. American by choice.

I will buy one someday.Money is kinda holding me back right now.I went with 2 friends of mine one day to a outdoor range.They both had an ar.They let me shoot their's a couple of times.That was a rush.They were fun to shoot.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    I prefer "evil black rifle". Did an IDPA side match with mine today, zero down and it was a breeze. Love those holographic sights. Between that and the side-mounted InForce light it really makes an excellent home defense tool.

Posting from my phone, I blame all typos on Swype.

Sponsored Links