which is best ?

This is a discussion on which is best ? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; never owned one before,but which SKS is the best one to buy?norinco,yugo,rom,? thanks. sj...

Thread: which is best ?

which is best ?

never owned one before,but which SKS is the best one to buy?norinco,yugo,rom,? thanks. sj

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    My SKS is about 15-20 years old. It is a Norinco and I feel it is one of the best out there. I'm not an expert on military rifles so I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions that differ from mine from people whose expertise that are wiser than mine. But in reality what they sell SKS for, I can't see you going wrong on whose SKS you buy.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I had a Norinco that was apparently dropped from an airplane, lots of people have good ones though....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

JT
    All are good. Currently it's easiest to get Yugo's. They are good quality but be sure to check them out. Yugoslavia used corrosive ammo so some of the lesser grades can be a mess.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    From what I've read on the internet, and in the many gun forums that I'm on, the Yugos seem to be the best bang for the buck. The SKS is a nice rifle I think, but I prefer battle rifles with detachable mags. That's why I went with an AK47 instead.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    anything that has a bright bore is going to be good . SKS like a lot of mil surp rifles are too dependant on the condition of the particular rifle to make a blanket reccomendation . Normaly tho if the gas tube / piston does not show pitting , and the bore is bright and free of defects you have a winner no matter the manufactorer .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I've got two Norinco's and two Yugo's. They all work perfect.

Git'u1.
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

It all depends what you want out of it.
    You want something shorter for CQB? Get a 16" Norinco.
    Want something with better mags? Get a Norinco that takes AK mags and drums.

What something to put a scope in? A Yugo or Russian.

Mind you about the Yugo's, they aren't Chrome Lined. So you have to make sure you clean them on a regular basis. The other SKS's you really dont have to clean it if you wanted. I always would though.

But you want THE best SKS? Russians. Not the refurbished onesd either.
    The Actions are smooth as silk and so damn accurate.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Links