300 Blackout Hunting *****Graphic Photo warning*****

This is a discussion on 300 Blackout Hunting *****Graphic Photo warning***** within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went hunting in West Virginia this weekend, and got two doe. Both where taken with a 300 Blackout I just built. 16 Inch Daniel Defense ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: 300 Blackout Hunting *****Graphic Photo warning*****

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Went hunting in West Virginia this weekend, and got two doe. Both where taken with a 300 Blackout I just built.
    16 Inch Daniel Defense barrel, Round was a 110 grain VMAX, Picture of the first deer is below. Scroll down to see photo.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Looks like it works well on soft tissue.
    GhostMaker and Aceoky like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Looks like it works well on soft tissue.
    I'm starting to think that the ballistic tips on whitetails are just two violent, the 110 grain Hornaday VMAX especially acts like a hand grenade, it seems to go in and just explode,. My father shot a deer with 110 Grain Hornaday .308 TAP, basically same bullet, and we lost an entire shoulder. I think I may move back to soft points.
    CIBMike likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Sponsor
    Rob,
    I'm definitely going to be putting a .300 upper together in the near future.

Are you loading your own? How fast are you pushing the 110 VMAX? I'm wondering if going to a Whisper load would limit the massive tissue damage and still be effective. Have you tried a sub-sonic load yet on any large game?
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I'd definitely use soft points for hunting deer.

But hey, good kill!

Now, I'll give you my mailing address and you can send me some jerky.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

I would not want to get hit with that,I don't think a COM hit would be surviveable
    pittypat21, Aceoky and msgt/ret like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

By the way, working off what dukalmighty just said, you have convinced me with that picture that I definitely want to get a .300 BLK upper.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Rob,
    I'm definitely going to be putting a .300 upper together in the near future.

Are you loading your own? How fast are you pushing the 110 VMAX? I'm wondering if going to a Whisper load would limit the massive tissue damage and still be effective. Have you tried a sub-sonic load yet on any large game?
    This was loaded buy somebody head stamp says JBA. The box says these are moving around 2250FPS.

This was the first ammo I have purchased in about 10 years. I got it off gunbot I built the upper last week and needed ammo to hunt with. I reload EVERYTHING so I was very upset when I had to buy it. I don't have 300 Dies yet, and I need to buy the saw from harbor Freight to start cutting the .223 brass. Bench Top Cut Off Saw.

Just an FYI that was about 80-100 yard shot. Gun was zeroed at 50 Yards. Held dead on. The little I have shot this cartridge its very flat shooting, and its very accurate.

The second deer I shot was about 140 pound doe, about 25 yards away. she looked right at me. I put the crosshairs at the top of her skull to compensate for a little hold over, and put the bullet actually through her mouth. She was stomping and bleeping when I pulled the trigger. The entrance hole was in the back of her throat insider her mouth. The bullet ricocheted off the inner skull and went down the through the throat and exploded near the Adams apple, bulging her eyes. Looks like the compression blew the inside of her head out her ear canals. All her organs where completely intact. Did not take a photo it was a little to violent.

Both deer died immediately. I guess that's why they call it the BLACKOUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Both deer died immediately. I guess that's why they call it the BLACKOUT!
    Oh, SNAP!

To answer everybody's question before its asked, YES I have a AAC SDN-6 on the way, its in Can Prison Right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    its in Can Prison Right now.
    I thought it was called purgatory?

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    I thought it was called purgatory?
    Yes you are correct! I couldn't remember what it was actually called.

Well to paraphrase what a person once said" Pistols poke holes, rifles tear stuff up" After seeing this picture they sure do.
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    Well to paraphrase what a person once said" Pistols poke holes, rifles tear stuff up" After seeing this picture they sure do.
    I was pretty impressed, this is actually the entrance wound, when I shot her she was looking over her left shoulder. I basically had a Poop shoot shot, or take the left side of the head. If you look close the bullet entered the jaw immediately caused massive trauma, then look at the neck the bullet actually wrapped around her inner skin on her neck (looks like a neck less) and exited out the back of the neck.
    Aceoky likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links