Diamondback DB15B?

This is a discussion on Diamondback DB15B? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Never heard of this brand before , do they make a good AR or not? It comes with 2 30rnd mags but no sights. Asking ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Diamondback DB15B?

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar

Diamondback DB15B?

Never heard of this brand before , do they make a good AR or not? It comes with 2 30rnd mags but no sights. Asking price is 847.00. Good deal or no , thanks folks.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I'd look else where, only because they are relatively new to the AR market. I prefer known to the unknown.
    Last edited by SIXTO; November 12th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I have two of them - most accurate ARs I have shot. I have had zero issues of any kind. I liked my two 5.56's so well that when I got ready for a 300 blackout, I got a Diamondback AR15 in 300 Blackout. No problems with any of them except the BO won't cycle the 220 gr bullets, but that's a common malady with many ARs.

I did this promo video of the Jet Comp for Tactical Shooting Academy. The AR in the vid is my first Diamondback.

I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Thanks Tangle,is that a fair price with two mags or should I keep looking?

Any other input from anyone on this? I'm only I'm the area for two days and have to try to decide before I leave.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioCatter View Post
    Thanks Tangle,is that a fair price with two mags or should I keep looking?
    I think it's a great price. Before I bought my first Diamondback, I read the specs and it seemed to have every thing right. I especially liked the floating handguard and the short rails at the end - I don't like quad-rails - just too uncomfortable.

Here's the manufacturer's specs - looks to me like it's got everything done the way it should be. Some would prefer a chrome lined barrel, others think the chrome lining affects accuracy. The non-chromed lined may be a bit harder to clean. Notice how the bolt carrier is inspected.

Product Specs:

Model: DB-15 B
    Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Remington
    Finish: Black Anodized Hardcoat
    Barrel: 16" 4140 Chrome-Moly, M4 Contour, Free Float
    Barrel Twist Rate: 1 x 9
    Bolt Carrier: Shot-Peened, Magnetic Particle Inspected Mil Spec 8620 carrier
    Lower Receiver: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminium
    Upper Receiver: A3 Flattop Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, T-Marked
    Handguard: Diamondback Aluminum Modified Four Rail
    Pistol Grip: A2 Style
    Stock: ATI Strikeforce Stock with Aluminum Civilian (Commercial) Buffer Tube Assembly
    Weight: 6.65 lbs.
    Overall Length (Stock Collapsed): 32.5"
    Overal Length (Stock Expanded): 36.25"
    Flash Hider: A2
    Sights: No Sights

OP, they sell them new at Walmarts (in TN, anyway) for around that price, maybe even cheaper, I think. I think Id hit some walmarts, right quick.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    OP, they sell them new at Walmarts (in TN, anyway) for around that price, maybe even cheaper, I think. I think Id hit some walmarts, right quick.
    Yep, I've seen them at Walmart in my area for about that price too - don't know if it comes with one or two mags though.

BTW, OhioCatter, you can check out this vid. The mid-range AR, the FDE color, is a Diamondback:

StormRhydr likes this.

Btw, dont worry one bit about 1 or 2 mags. You can get good deals on good mags cheap now. On another forum they posted pictures of some scalpers boxes of mags he was desperately trying to sell (now), CHEAP. He had good mags, but cornered the market on them, and is now stuck with them, hoping to get out from under them.

Heck, brownell has been running some nice specials on Pmags, and brownell themself has great mags and good prices.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Great video, Tangle. The Outpost is the store I was speaking of that had the 2 DD ARs in 300 blackout. Good store.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Great video, Tangle. The Outpost is the store I was speaking of that had the 2 DD ARs in 300 blackout. Good store.
    How about that! What are the chances I'd find a vid about AR's from the very store you were in! Pretty neat!

UPDATE

I just stopped at the local walmart in middle TN. The Diamond Back AR 15, in .223 FDE, rails, etc is currently in stock and sells for $889 brand spanking new.

Thanks all now I gotta convince the wife because we just moved and money is a little short.

I wouldn't waste your money. Nothing is staked on the ones I've seen and DB has no track record with rifles. And a somewhat abysmal track record with pistols.

The ones I've seen have shipped with some stupid stock that has an integral riser. Whoever at DB thought this was a good idea should be fired. You cannot charge the gun unless the stock is allllll the way out.

Last edited by munch520; November 13th, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
    StormRhydr and atctimmy like this.
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    I wouldn't waste your money. Nothing is staked on the ones I've seen and DB has no track record with rifles. And a somewhat abysmal track record with pistols.

The couple I've seen have shipped with some stupid stock that has an integral riser. Whoever at DB thought this was a good idea should be fired. You cannot charge the gun unless the stock is allllll the way out.
    Yep, the stock is a problem, but the interfering adjustable cheek rest can be removed at no loss of function and if the remaining stock is a problem, you can do what Magpul does to theres - file a small bevel at the point of interference. It's about a $850 gun and it functions flawlessly. No new gun has a track record and we've seen issues from every major manufacturer.

My three have been flawless and amazingly accurate. The upper-lower receiver fit is tight, tighter than my Windham, and after thousands of rounds, nothing has come loose. I have yet to read a bad review.

Now, having said all that doesn't mean problems won't start showing up. But not having a track record doesn't mean problems will show up.

Not sure what you mean by not pinned, if you're referring to the gas block, lots of gas blocks aren't pinned. I just bought a SS Wilson barrel and it is NOT milled for pinning; instead it has a single set screw to secure the gas block, as does JP Enterprise, Syrac, etc. gas blocks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links