NFL Bans Daniel Defense add for 2014 Super Bowl

This is a discussion on NFL Bans Daniel Defense add for 2014 Super Bowl within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NFL Bans Super Bowl Gun Commercial - Guns & Ammo...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: NFL Bans Daniel Defense add for 2014 Super Bowl

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

NFL Bans Daniel Defense add for 2014 Super Bowl

gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Ban, Ban, Just more targets for the bad guys!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Somebody should start a Facebook page, boycotting the Super Bowl. See if they can get 1,000,000 likes.
    NONAME762 and gatorbait51 like this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Pathetic

Meanwhile, ads featuring violent movies and video games continue to appear regularly during NFL broadcasts!

Also there will be plenty of beer/hard alcohol commercials and these products will lead to astronomically higher injuries/deaths of innocents in the hands of irresponsible users.

Only reason for me to be hyped this year is the SEAHAWKS tearing it up!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Somebody should start a Facebook page, boycotting the Super Bowl. See if they can get 1,000,000 likes.
    Never saw any entertainment value in watching two gangs chasing around in a taxpayer-funded cathedral after a ball. No need for me to boycott something I would never watch.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Personally i don't care if they don't run the advertisement or not.I'm not boycotting the superbowl because they choose not to run that ad.If they run ad, they run ad if they don't they don't.I like the other commercials and the superbowl.Each to their own,
    gatorbait51 likes this.

https://www.change.org/petitions/nfl...orting-freedom

I did start a petition on Change.org if anybody wants to Sign!

It sucks that they won't run the ad.I'm somewhat surprised with what a 30 second spot costs during the superbowl.People reacts differently to different situations.That's just human nature and certainly nothing wrong with that.I gotta say if i said i wasn't going to watch the superbowl because they won't run they ad,i would be lying like a crooked politician lol.Sadly i'm a sports junkie.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I think sports is overpriced. That's why I don't subscribe to any sports packages. As for going to sports in person, I don't live close enough. Besides, I wouldn't be able to afford the ridiculus ticket prices - not to mention parking, snacks, etc.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

The NFL should ban every player who's used a gun in a crime. They'd have to go to seven-man teams.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    I think sports is overpriced. That's why I don't subscribe to any sports packages. As for going to sports in person, I don't live close enough. Besides, I wouldn't be able to afford the ridiculus ticket prices - not to mention parking, snacks, etc.
    The last game I went to a game (Steelers vs. Panthers pre-season game), tickets were $35 each. Of course they weren't the greatest seats, but I was able to see everything that was going on on the field. Also, the NFL package I have with my cable company includes the NFL Network and NFL Redzone for just $5 extra a month. Not that bad, IMO.

Far as not running that ad goes, that does kinda tick me off. It's okay for Bob Costas to give an anti-gun speech on Sunday Night Football, but DD can't run a commercial that doesn't even show a firearm?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar
    Not surprising - inasmuch as cowardice runs rampant in the League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Well...it did show the likeness of a firearm, and thats enough to get a kid suspended from school.
    gatorbait51 and 357and40 like this.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Does anyone find it humorous that the NFL takes any opportunity if can find to crawl up the US Army's arse but can't condone citizens with guns? I guess rifles are fine if they're being used to enforce the will of the 1%'ers/owners of this country but not in the hands of the average NFL fan. Further irony- I'll lay odds that more people are killed, maimed or left with brain damage from playing football than from being illegally shot with a DDM4. The hypocrisy of the NFL is breathtaking.

Oh well, a superbowl ad would probably be a waste of money for DD anyways. The advertising budget is probably better spent targetting those that actually give a rip about guns.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I was thinking something just like that. Everbody here at DC who's an NFL nut should send those people hate mail. I usedta know lotta folks who shot guns and were into sports big time.

I dont' have thing one of sports related gear whether NFL or any of it. Other than a personal boycott of that nasty Bud beer.

I really like a few of those Daniel Defense ARs and if I was looking for an AR I'd be reallllllly looking at their line I kid you not.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links