Colt or M&P

This is a discussion on Colt or M&P within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Which too choose Colt or M&P? I’ve been….make that my son`s have been looking too compare the 22lr “Colt M4/22 OPS” & the “S&W M&P ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By zamboni
  • 1 Post By oneshot
  • 2 Post By th0rr
  • 2 Post By jonconsiglio
  • 1 Post By Rob99VMI04
  • 2 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By SIXTO
  • 2 Post By Sap03
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By OD*
  • 1 Post By all357mag
  • 1 Post By 5lima30ret

Thread: Colt or M&P

Colt or M&P

Which too choose Colt or M&P?

I’ve been….make that my son`s have been looking too compare the 22lr “Colt M4/22 OPS” & the “S&W M&P 15/22 MOE” for the begging period of their Christmas gift.

They've found pros/cons on both of these so anyone who has any experiences with these; what say you?

Found um both in the $425. range at two LGStores so which too choose?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I think there are less cons with the S&W.
    No experience except nephew has a friend who has the M&P, and they like it.

Which one feels better in their hands?
    Which one did the LGS have spare mags, holsters , etc etc .
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Which too choose Colt or M&P?

I’ve been….make that my son`s have been looking too compare the 22lr “Colt M4/22 OPS” & the “S&W M&P 15/22 MOE” for the begging period of their Christmas gift.

They've found pros/cons on both of these so anyone who has any experiences with these; what say you?

Found um both in the $425. range at two LGStores so which too choose?
    I own the 15/22 and my son and I love it. I was looking at the Colt at the time but if I remember correctly it is not actually manufactured by Colt but by Umarex. A maker of Airsoft guns. While this may or may not affect your decision I just thought I would point it out. The 15/22 is also able to use most if not all AR15 accessories if you so choose to do any sort of adding on. Anywho like I said we love ours and enjoy shooting it. Goes to the range with us every time.
    5lima30ret and gatorbait51 like this.

Yeah, the Colt is manufactured by another company, I just forget who at the moment. I'd go for the S&W. It's a solid little rifle.
    gatorbait51 and 5lima30ret like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Colt is UMAREX, Colt licensed them to sell them they are a division from Walther. The Smith has very little parts and it runs great the Umarex, has small little parts. and some of them I don't even think are accessible by the user.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I'd personally go with the S&W. A friend brought his over and we put it through hell without any hiccups and it was a joy to shoot.
    gatorbait51 and patri0t like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Administrator
    no question- the SW
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

S&W is a safer bet. If we were talking a 5.56 I would say Colt.
    gatorbait51 and StormRhydr like this.

I had a 15/22. It worked great.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Yeah, the Colt is manufactured by another company, I just forget who at the moment. I'd go for the S&W. It's a solid little rifle.
    The Colt is manufactured by Carl Walther, it is imported by Umarex USA.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Colt is UMAREX, Colt licensed them to sell them they are a division from Walther. The Smith has very little parts and it runs great the Umarex, has small little parts. and some of them I don't even think are accessible by the user.
    ^This

For the .22lr versions, I would go S&W M&P 15/22.

For the real 5.56 versions, I would go Colt over M&P.

This is a NO BRAINER, M&P! I got one. One of my finest firearm purchases. Flawless, super accurate, and most of all FUN!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I have the M&P 15-22 it is the better .22lr of the bunch. Mine is more accurate than my 10-22 and gobbles most any bulk ammo even the dreaded Remington Golden bullets! The magazines for the 15-22 are way better than any of the other .22 AR's which is why I think they are more reliable. Good Luck!Updated Garage pics 053.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I am not familiar with the Colt, but I have owned the S&W 15/22. What I like about it is the fact that all the control features are the same as an AR. So when he graduates to the larger gun, he won't have to learn the controls again, and it's cheaper to practice with. Mine operated flawlessly, it is a fun gun to shoot.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Having shot both, there is no way I would trade my 15-22 for the Colt. The Colt had a tight magwell and loads of malfunctions, whereas my 15-22 has been problem free so far.

Links