When Presidents were real MEN!

This is a discussion on When Presidents were real MEN! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just went on about my 5th tour of the NRA museum in Fairfax, VA with curator Doug Wicklund. If you are ever planning a trip ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: When Presidents were real MEN!

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Just went on about my 5th tour of the NRA museum in Fairfax, VA with curator Doug Wicklund. If you are ever planning a trip to NOVA or DC for that matter make sure you stop in, and make SURE you call the museum a head of time and schedule a tour. Everytime I've had the pleasure of going on one of them I'm always blown away at the history and knowledge of Doug and Phil Schreirer. Today was another exceptional day.

Talk about tactical rifles, Teddy Roosevelts Model 1894 with an original Hiram Maxim Silencer is on display. The caption under the gun said "Living on Long Island, when your neighbors are people like the "Tiffany's and the Deponts" you need to stay low key thats why the chosen gun for Teddy Roosevelt was Teddy Roosevelt's Suppressed 1894 Winchester - Guns.com

This gun was kind of a tear jerker The 9/11 Revolver: A Treasure Beyond Compare - YouTube
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    Good stuff right there !

I came back to edit/add more to my comment above. If you're interested in guns, that museum by itself, is enough reason to join and support the NRA. Of course the NRA has many more reasons and benefits to join.

BTW lot's of annual renewals will be coming up soon to those new NRA members that joined right after Newtown. Please, please, please renew and continue to maintain your membership. IMO without the NRA we'd lost most or all of our 2A long ago.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member
    Hillary is a real man ain't it?
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    My grandfather was born the day Teddy Roosevelt gave a campaign speech in Marion in 1911. His dad, for who I was named, was listening to Roosevelt speak when his only child was born.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Heck he killed Bigfoot dont ya know teddy_roosevelt_vs__bigfoot_by_sharpwriter-d3a72w4-500x323.jpg

Sry the artitst who does those has some good ones

Teddy Roosevelt VS Bigfoot Old Photo Variant HQ by sharpwriter

But yeah he was a real man kept on making a speech after he was shot. Don't forget he could also killed you with his bare hands ( he boxed and did martial arts) well that and he always had at least one gun on him. And of course he kept a badger as a pet . Truly one of the better presidents ( and probley one of the few I vote for if they manged to clone him).
    pittypat21 likes this.

We could use a 'man' for a President right now.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    The country could use a president right now.
    OD*, pittypat21, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Just wanted to quote this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    The country could use a president right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cad70 View Post
    Just wanted to quote this.
    SAME!

Talk about a sick burn.

Here, Obama, you might need this:

List of burn centers in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Reagan was pretty manly. "I sure hope you're all Republicans!" That's a classic.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    The Constitution should be amended that in order for someone to be eligible for presidency, they need to have led an uphill bayonet charge on an enemy machine gun emplacement. Media ratings would soar if they made that a campaign event.
    Bassindude likes this.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

The software requires a certain number of characters. Here are some characters.

John W in SC
    Attached Images
    revldm and Kilowatt3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Just went on about my 5th tour of the NRA museum in Fairfax, VA with curator Doug Wicklund. If you are ever planning a trip to NOVA or DC for that matter make sure you stop in, and make SURE you call the museum a head of time and schedule a tour. Everytime I've had the pleasure of going on one of them I'm always blown away at the history and knowledge of Doug and Phil Schreirer. Today was another exceptional day.

Talk about tactical rifles, Teddy Roosevelts Model 1894 with an original Hiram Maxim Silencer is on display. The caption under the gun said "Living on Long Island, when your neighbors are people like the "Tiffany's and the Deponts" you need to stay low key thats why the chosen gun for Teddy Roosevelt was Teddy Roosevelt's Suppressed 1894 Winchester - Guns.com

This gun was kind of a tear jerker The 9/11 Revolver: A Treasure Beyond Compare - YouTube
    Honestly, I know it sounds kinda dumb, but I wish that the government would give the NRA Osamas AK to show. It would be so cool to see it as a piece of history in the NRA museum. Anyways, I'll have to stop in if I'm ever up there.

How about when all man in the United States were real men and stood up for what they believe in, so many people today only believe in what the news media tells them and government.

Photograph 1883....."The Gathering" .....taken in Montana.

Teddy Roosevelt pictured with Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, Morgan Earp, Judge Roy Bean, Jeremiah Johnson, Butch Cassidy, Bat Masterson and others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links