remington 1100 laser mount

This is a discussion on remington 1100 laser mount within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; hi everyone i'm new to the forum and thank you for accepting me as a member... I have a Remington 1100 and would like your ...

Thread: remington 1100 laser mount

remington 1100 laser mount

hi everyone i'm new to the forum and thank you for accepting me as a member... I have a Remington 1100 and would like your opinion on where the best place to mount a laser sight. I see many barrel/magazine clamp mounts on the market...are they secure enough or do you have a better idea? this gun is for home defense. thank you in advance

2. Remove Ads

My 1100 has white light and laser mounted on magazine tube. No complaints thus far.

One of my SGs has a light mounted on the mag tube. The proper sized light clamps can be found at Amazon.com for <$10.

I am far more concerned about ID'ing my target than hitting it. I use a 200 lumen flashlight (for home) with a rubber push button on the back of it. LED preferably.
    Walmart.com sells a light/laser combo for $90. online, that can be set to one of 3 light settings with a red laser simultaneously. Good for SG, rifle or handgun.
    Here: Aim Sports Inc Flashlight Laser Combo With Quick Release Lever: Hunting : Walmart.com

I use a light on a sidearm for Home Defense since a SG is a rude way to answer the door + it fits better on the coffee table/end table/recliner pocket, etc.
    Also, I can just slip it in my pocket if it is a neighbor or some friendly coming inside.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

thank you both for your input, it was very helpful...I have an LED light on my .45 under my bed for the same reason (a family member coming in at 3:00AM) target ID is first and foremost...thanks again

Links