Geissele Triggers really worth the money?

This is a discussion on Geissele Triggers really worth the money? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Are the Geissele triggers really worth the money over the mil-spec triggers? My use would/will be home defense & possibly some hunting....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Geissele Triggers really worth the money?

Question Geissele Triggers really worth the money?

Are the Geissele triggers really worth the money over the mil-spec triggers? My use would/will be home defense & possibly some hunting.

2. Remove Ads

Depends on who you ask.

I have never pulled a mil spec trigger and recently finished my first complete lower with one of these:

Rainier Arms™ | Browse | Trigger Groups | ALG Defense Combat Trigger - ACT

It is from what I have read, a very nice middle of the road trigger, and made by one of Geissele's relatives. (Daughter I think?)

Personally, I will probably never spend that kind of $$ on a Geissele, but I do very much enjoy my ACT. Incidentally, I got it in a PSA lower parts kit deal which cost me $70, so basically I paid for the trigger and got my LPK for free.
    Christopher67 and Aceoky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZacMan1987 View Post
    Depends on who you ask.

I have never pulled a mil spec trigger and recently finished my first complete lower with one of these:

Rainier Arms™ | Browse | Trigger Groups | ALG Defense Combat Trigger - ACT

It is from what I have read, a very nice middle of the road trigger, and made by one of Geissele's relatives. (Daughter I think?)

Personally, I will probably never spend that kind of $$ on a Geissele, but I do very much enjoy my ACT. Incidentally, I got it in a PSA lower parts kit deal which cost me $70, so basically I paid for the trigger and got my LPK for free.

Awesome, thanks. I've been looking at those as well.

Not really. A very few may get some advantage from them but most no.
    Bragging rights mostly
    Christopher67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Not really. A very few may get some advantage from them but most no.
    Bragging rights mostly
    Yea this is what I was thinking as well.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I installed one in my DPMS AR10. The difference, from the 9#+ original, was worth it to me.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I am about to fit an SSA-E to my Adams Arms AR15, just because I want a lighter trigger, so I will let you know. They are expensive, but hopefully I will never have to buy another trigger in my lifetime!! I have not tried the ALG, so cannot say how they will compare. As long as you are happy with the finished product, that is all that matters.

Gary

Senior Moderator
    Dang near ANY after market trigger is going to be better than that stock AR trigger.

I hear a lot of people badmouthing after markets triggers because of the expense and because they don't know what a good trigger is.
    Once they try it and see the difference, they believe.

Its sort of like drinking a fine wine. Once you get used to it, that cheap stuff just doesn't do it for you anymore.
    Aceoky, munch520, airslot and 4 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member
    Yes they are if you want a precision gun, no they aren't for your needs. Get an ALG ACT trigger for your needs. They work just fine.

I have both. Build to your mission and needs.

You have seen my other with the Gieselle, here is the one with the ALG ACT

This one has a single stage LWRC Nickel Boron.

I have another configured like the top gun but with a RRA two stage match and a EoTech 552
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Geissele or Timney is definitely needed in a precision AR. I put an SSA-E in my POF P308 and the Tier One Recce Complete lower I just purchased comes with a Timney match trigger and UBR stock.

If your not doing any precision shooting then you are fine with your current trigger I guess.... Depends what your used to.

Its like a BJ, you didn't know what you were missing until you got your first one... Haha

VIP Member
    It depends on the application for your AR. If you're setting up a general range fun/HD/SHTF type of rifle, the answer is probably not. The average mil-spec trigger is going to be fine for that sort of stuff. Punching holes in paper with your RDS at 50 yards doesn't require a trigger upgrade. If you're planning on doing any precision shooting or have plans to do any hunting with your AR, then it's probably not a bad investment. Assuming you're a competent rifle shooter, it'll help tighten up your groups on 100+ yardage.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I have the Geissele SD-C in my Rainier Arms rifle and LOVE IT. I had the ALG Defense in it since that is what it came with but the SD-C was worth the money if you ask me.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    Are the Geissele triggers really worth the money over the mil-spec triggers? My use would/will be home defense & possibly some hunting.
    If you're after a well-made competition, combat, or job-specific trigger for the AR platform, Geissele, Wilson Combat, Timney, and CMC make the best ones on the market, in my (any many others') opinion. I have a rifle with a Geissele trigger, and it's an outstanding trigger. As for "worth it" that's in the finger of the owner. It really depends on if a Mil Spec trigger works fine for you, or if you want things like adjustable pull weight and break point in a silk-smooth trigger for things like precision shooting.
    This isn't so different as asking if a trigger job is a good idea for a Glock, or a stock trigger is any worse than a custom trigger for a 1911.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I was considering their SSA trigger and a LGS gunsmith asked me to bring my rifle in (it's a DDM4). The trigger was smooth and didn't hang-up anywhere, but did have a heavy trigger pull. He installed reduced weight spring kit (dropped the pull to ~4.5-5.0 lbs) for something like $25. It made a big difference. A two-stage trigger might be nice for match shooting, but for my needs it is more than adequate and much better than before. So, it might be worth trying something like this first (small investment that might provide what you want / need).
    pittypat21 likes this.

If you have to ask, the answer is no.
    Yetiman and atctimmy like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links