I'm a sucker for French weaponry...is there a way to get my hands on a FAMAS?

This is a discussion on I'm a sucker for French weaponry...is there a way to get my hands on a FAMAS? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I mean do they make a civilian-legal version for my collection? Just wondering. If not, is there a way to get the FR F2? Thanks! ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: I'm a sucker for French weaponry...is there a way to get my hands on a FAMAS?

I'm a sucker for French weaponry...is there a way to get my hands on a FAMAS?

I mean do they make a civilian-legal version for my collection? Just wondering. If not, is there a way to get the FR F2? Thanks! Happy new years, guys.

2. Remove Ads

From my understanding from research when I was asking the same question, you can get one if you pony up enough cash. From what I've read, about 100 semi-auto FAMASs were imported before various import bans kicked in.

VIP Member
    Hey who doesn't like French weaponry. Never fired and only dropped once.

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    burnnnnn ;)
    TX expat and glocknjeep like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    From my understanding from research when I was asking the same question, you can get one if you pony up enough cash. From what I've read, about 100 semi-auto FAMASs were imported before various import bans kicked in.
    Gotcha...I guess it's my news years resolution to save up enough money for one. How much are we talking...?

JMB
    Probably be easier to join the French Foreign Legion than to find one for sale

My understanding is the French are looking to replace it. It uses a lever delayed blow back mechanism, and IIRC, can only use steel-cased ammo, as the brass cased ammo can be ripped open upon extraction. I'm not an expert on this rifle by any means though, so even if you do find one and can afford it...buyer beware. Just do your research.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by american23 View Post
    Gotcha...I guess it's my news years resolution to save up enough money for one. How much are we talking...?
    I think one went for $10,000 back in 2008. There is a "Famas" .22 replica on Gunbroker right now, but it doesn't look quite right...kind of like an AK got down with a QBZ-95.

I actauly started a post on this on another thread.

Yes you can own one CAI imported a handful of semi auto pre 89 ban . However the pre 89 AUG were cheeper so not many imported but they are out there . But they cost a lot MAS.223RightSideC.jpg

This link has a guy who has one French Famas Rifle

Again they are some of the rareest of the pre 89 rifles up there with some of the swiss guns ..

Or you could becume a SOT o7 ffl and get dealer sampler Full auto one ( but that takes a bit of work )

The only way we could see them agian in the US would be if whoever is making them builds a factory here in the US and makes them here it is about the only way or if they did what AUG did an make a crap o sporter version.

Also there are people who have taken a airsoft FAMAS and modded it with a 22 rifle to get a mock famas probley the chespet optiosn

But less then 100 imported way back pre 89 so rare http://gunrunnerhell.tumblr.com/post/25990708041

But yes as a rule of thumb if the gun is pre 89 there may be semi auto sporter version of it out there .. The trick is finding them

And as for the other guns I am seeing that there are no civiialn version in the USA some in France so if you have a importers permit...
    MAS.223CenturyArmsAd1988.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I actauly started a post on this on another thread.

Yes you can own one CAI imported a handful of semi auto pre 89 ban . However the pre 89 AUG were cheeper so not many imported but they are out there . But they cost a lot MAS.223RightSideC.jpg

This link has a guy who has one French Famas Rifle

Again they are some of the rareest of the pre 89 rifles up there with some of the swiss guns ..

Or you could becume a SOT o7 ffl and get dealer sampler Full auto one ( but that takes a bit of work )

The only way we could see them agian in the US would be if whoever is making them builds a factory here in the US and makes them here it is about the only way or if they did what AUG did an make a crap o sporter version.

Also there are people who have taken a airsoft FAMAS and modded it with a 22 rifle to get a mock famas probley the chespet optiosn

But less then 100 imported way back pre 89 so rare You're not bulletproof..., Century Arms MAS .223 A semi-auto FAMAS, these...

But yes as a rule of thumb if the gun is pre 89 there may be semi auto sporter version of it out there .. The trick is finding them

And as for the other guns I am seeing that there are no civiialn version in the USA some in France so if you have a importers permit...
    MAS.223CenturyArmsAd1988.jpg
    But it's sooooo sexy...I'd totally make out with that FAMAS. JUST SAYING...

Whatever the FAMAS can do the Tavor can do better. Have you researched the Hebrew Hammer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Whatever the FAMAS can do the Tavor can do better. Have you researched the Hebrew Hammer?

Tavors are about as rare atm as the FAMAS...

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    I couldn't resist, either:

French reporter queries Ted Nugent on deer hunting:

"What do you think is the last thought in the head of a deer before you shoot him? Is it, 'Are you my friend?' or is it 'Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replies:

"Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away.

They are very much like the French."
    LimaCharlie, OD* and TX expat like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    I couldn't resist, either:
    Now that's funny!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Gotta love Uncle Ted. Lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links