Anyone running Magpul hardware on their 870 Remington?

This is a discussion on Anyone running Magpul hardware on their 870 Remington? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A while ago I bought the Magpul forearm for my 870 because it could accept a rail section, and I want to mount a light ...

Thread: Anyone running Magpul hardware on their 870 Remington?

A while ago I bought the Magpul forearm for my 870 because it could accept a rail section, and I want to mount a light on my run. I've been really drooling over the matching butt stock to go with it. Does anyone here run the Magpul setup on their 870? If so, what do you think of it? At first blush it looks good, and I like the LOP adjustability of it.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Not yet, but I want to put the forearm on my 870, because it seems like the most cost effective way to add a light.

I have handled one with the stock, it feels different than most shotgun stocks, but not in a bad way.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Yes. I have both the butt stock and forend on one of mine. The butt stock is shorter than orginal equipment stock, but thats a good thing for a fightilng shotgun/HD shotgun.

I have wondered if it doesnt kick more with the magpul stock, and am unsure. Overall, I like it.

I run the Magpul foreend on my 870 with a short rail section and light. Feels and works well. For the stock I have a Blackhawk as the Magpul is just to short for me.

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    I have both stock and forend ,the angle of the stock IMO is outstanding for reloading from the right or left side.I prefer it over the recoil style stock that the gun came with from the store.fishing and shotgun 010.jpgfishing and shotgun 011.jpg.....the forend gives secure mounting points for pistol style flashlights so you can leave pressure pads and coil cords behind.I am very happy with the Magpul set up.
    The easy way is always mined.

I have a Remington 870 Express Tactical Magpul shotgun which I brought about six months ago and it is one heck of a gun! It is a well thought out shotgun that can be customized in many ways including LOP by changing out spacers in the stock, and adjustable cheek riser for different sight systems.

I installed a Magpul angled fore grip on the Magpul forend. I also installed a Streamlight TLR-1 HD light onto the forend using a Magpul cantilever picatinny rail. It all worked out real well and is easy to operate. You can see at rem870.com here:

Remington 870 Forum - Rem870.com/Forum ? View topic - Lets have some pictures of your builds.

VIP Member
    Yes…on one of my 870Ps. Also use the Mesa Tactical shell holder & a Izetta light holder. I didn't like the Magpul forend, it was too bulky….& it would not allow the shell holder to be as long.

This one resides at the front door along with a Winchester 94.
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I use a magpul forend on my 870. I like the lip on the bottom. Allows for me to lock the gun into my shoulder when holding the gun with my left hand and grabbing a shell with the right for a fast reload straight into the chamber. Sometimes I need one extra shot in a race so it helps when I can keep the gun shouldered using this forend.

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Yes…on one of my 870Ps. Also use the Mesa Tactical shell holder & a Izetta light holder. I didn't like the Magpul forend, it was too bulky….& it would not allow the shell holder to be as long.

This one resides at the front door along with a Winchester 94.
    I have the Magpul forend but haven't installed it yet. I sure hope it works with the sidesaddle shell carrier! I have one that's velcro'd (loops on the gun and hooks on the shell carriers).
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Nuttin' fancy on my 870 but for a 6 shell holder on the receiver. I do like that 8 shell doo dad tho GoAway has.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Off the top of my head I can't remember what brand mine is, but I like it. It came with a piece of velcro loop field shaped to fit the receiver my the 870 and backed with some very stout adhesive. Then there's a shotshell "card" with loops for 8 rounds backed with velcro hooks. I bought two cards with it; I could get more but I can't imagine needing more than two. The idea is that I can have the shottie stoked with 7 rounds, have 8 on the side and another card with 8 on the top front of my US Palm Defender armored vest. Nice thing is you charge the gun and then just rip off the card and toss it on the ground, then slap on another card. Well, that's the idea anyways. I don't foresee engaging in any running gun battles with my 870 Tactical that would necessitate three reloads! If I'm in that situation I probably have the wrong gun with me.

Sponsored Links